Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Data Mining???

I am observing 4 tables right now and data mining, how long do you normally keep the tables open before you close them and go to another table???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Data Mining???

BUMP
Old 03-09-2005, 02:34 PM

Why bother going to a different table? I keep them open til they die or I want to stop data mining.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why bother going to a different table? I keep them open til they die or I want to stop data mining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-09-2005, 05:19 PM

Hi,

I just don't see the point in data mining. Don't get me wrong, I'm a PT addict, chained to it, consulting it like the oracle on almost every tough choice. But I get a guess in 25 hands, good feel in 50 hands, and a reliable read in 100.

Even though I play Party 15 a lot, there's so many new players and handle-changers, that at busy times I rarely have more than 3 people at new table pre-pegged. Time spent to get that up to 5 or 6 would be better spent examining my game for leaks.

I'm not trying to pick a fight wtih those of you who have found DM to be useful. But as a math geek, I have to struggle to make sure I am using my non-playing time well, not just wanking on random poker statistics. And the poster hasn't really thought this through. A useful database needs 40k hands min, preferably 200k (I can defend those numbers but im going to try and resist if challenged, because it be a prime example of statistics wanking, and one of you smart funny bastards would mock me for it, and there would be no way to wiggle out of that one), and a computer that won't choke on them. And to aquaire a DB that big, you need to observe for 1000-4000 table hours (yes yes, divide by 4 if 4 tabling) and at that time scale, the tables break so frequently that its pointless to worry about switching tables.

I keep only 20k hands in may database, chopping them off the back as I go.

all the best at 4:20 on a lovely Tennesee afternoon,

zooey