Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Mucking Aces third hand..........a good thing

I am second to act 3 callers I have AA flop K rag rag I bet pot one call one raise of 400 chips I muck. Guy had K5 caught five on river okay he gets a nice label. Two hands later flop nines full he bets huge with his 9 3 suited. Too make a long story short take second out of 880. Moral of story it is okay to muck Aces early.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Mucking Aces third hand..........a good thing

If the 5 didn't fall on the river, would you still feel like you made a good fold?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:26 PM

Horrible fold. Got lucky that it paid off. I dont know what more can be said.

Nick
Old 03-07-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horrible fold. Got lucky that it paid off. I dont know what more can be said.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Nick you're wrong. See, if he had stayed in, he would have been knocked out! Cause the 5 came on the river! Only if the 5 didn't hit would it have been a bad fold. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

To the OP, not sure what you're really expecting from your post. The fold was bad. What was the PF action anyway? I'll put my money on you limping in.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:59 PM

Of course you limp preflop. If you raise you might get reraised and you'd have to fold. You don't want to go all-in preflop at the beginning of a tournament. After all, you can't win it, but you can get knocked out. Sheesh, you guys are all maniacs.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you limp preflop. If you raise you might get reraised and you'd have to fold. You don't want to go all-in preflop at the beginning of a tournament. After all, you can't win it, but you can get knocked out. Sheesh, you guys are all maniacs.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I mean it's not like you have the nuts or anything. Some of the advice on this site is truly horrible.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moral of story it is okay to muck Aces early.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a super-fast connection that allows you to see 30 seconds into the future, I agree 100%.

Of course, if you see yourself taking a bad beat, and fold, then you never took the bad beat, so how could you see it? And what if you see yourself killing your own father? Then you were never born, and couldn't fold. What a conundrum. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2005, 03:12 PM

I did not take into account the possibility that OP could possibly have the new Pattern Mapper (TM) Version 4.6.54 that was released last week on Ebay.

If you would like the updated version, I also have it available. Just send $49.95 to me on Pokerstars (User: Chief911) and I'll give you the updated data file. (Note: I make no claims regarding the complete reliability of said pattern mapper or data file).

Unfortunately the results are not 100% reliable, as last night it told me when I had AA, that the other guy had 77, and I should push. I did, and a 7 came! I was not warned of that event. And then 10 hands later, I had QQ, and called an allin because it correctly told me the other guy had TT. But alas, a T came on the flop (See the skill at which I have incorporated a bad beat post, ooooooooh). So its only about 99% reliable.

/hug pattern mapper

Nick
Old 03-07-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am second to act 3 callers I have AA flop K rag rag I bet pot one call one raise of 400 chips I muck. Guy had K5 caught five on river okay he gets a nice label. Two hands later flop nines full he bets huge with his 9 3 suited. Too make a long story short take second out of 880. Moral of story it is okay to muck Aces early.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go ahead and say that this is the worst post ever. "its ok to muck aces when you are a 4-1 favorite because 1/5 times you will lose to a 5 on the river." what a joke, quit poker or learn why this post makes NO sense.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, if you see yourself taking a bad beat, and fold, then you never took the bad beat, so how could you see it? And what if you see yourself killing your own father? Then you were never born, and couldn't fold. What a conundrum. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, now I have to go watch Minority Report. Thanks a lot.