Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 01:37 PM

Default SnG Jerks

I've been playing $10 SnG's for a little while now and thought I'd try a $20 SnG. Well, at the end of the game I finished 2nd place. I didn't think much of it until the winner started to talk about how much I suck for only getting 2nd, and that he is so good. When I asked him if that was his first time ever winning he seemed to be offended. Oh well. My question is has anyone here ever played against a person like this? I've played for a few months and have never come across players like this. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I usually seem to get the nice little "gg" at the end of a match.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: SnG Jerks

Once I've had a guy tell me that I didn't deserve to win the tourney just because I was running good. (I knocked him out in 4th with a set).
Old 03-07-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is has anyone here ever played against a person like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing $10 SnG's for a little while now and thought I'd try a $20 SnG. Well, at the end of the game I finished 2nd place. I didn't think much of it until the winner started to talk about how much I suck for only getting 2nd, and that he is so good. When I asked him if that was his first time ever winning he seemed to be offended. Oh well. My question is has anyone here ever played against a person like this? I've played for a few months and have never come across players like this. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I usually seem to get the nice little "gg" at the end of a match.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he is angling for a heads up match.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:44 PM

yeah i have played with people like that, I have also told the winners they are morons and that they suck, I have even had people tell me how nice it was playing with someone that knows what they are doing after I beat them.

I usually just type in a GG and close the window as fast as possible though.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:29 PM

Yes I meet one two days ago.. He had a beeter kicker when I was all in. When I was out he started to write that I really sucked at poker! I really hope that he did not win!!!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:56 PM

just the usual 'gg'

haven't run into any bad losers yet
Old 03-08-2005, 12:39 AM

I usually get the "your a moron" when I make some kind of short stacked all-in steal with a hand like Q9s and the BB happens to have AA and I suck out.

What these people don't realize is that nine times out of ten I steal their blinds and we never see a flop.

Paul

Edit: I accidentally wrote "your" instead of "you're" but that is what the morons that type this stuff usually write so I think I'll leave it.