Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2002, 12:27 PM

Default Some hands to review...

Paradise $0,5/1.

1. I am UTG +1 and have KQo .

Button raise. Button is maniac who playing 90% hands and in 80% raise.
BB call.

****FLOP*****

2c 9h Qs

I bet, button raise, BB call, I call.

****TURN*****

[2c 9h Qs] 8c

I bet, button call, BB fold.

****RIVER****

[2c 9h Qs 8c] Kc

I bet, button raise, I reraise, button call.

Button show 72c flush and won.

Ladborkes $0,5/1 80% players on flop.

I am at Cut-off with KQh.

Button call...button is good player.I play a lot with him.
BB call. BB is typically Ladbrokes player.Calling anything with anything.

****FLOP****

2d Td 7c

BB bet, I call, Button call.

****TURN****

[2d Td 7c] Qs

BB bet, I call, Button call.

****RIVER****

[2d Td 7c Qs] 8h

BB bet, I call, button call.

BB show 87o two pairs and won.
Button show KQo.

3. Same Ladbrokes game.

I am button with QJh.

I raised preflop everybody call.8 players on flop including blinds.

****FLOP****

Ks 4d Th

BB bet, UTG+2 raise, I call, BB call.

UTG+2 is loose agressive maniac. He raise with bottom pair etc.

****TURN****

[Ks 4d Th] 9c

BB bet, UTG+2 raise, I reraise, BB call, UTG+2 cap, I call, BB call.

****RIVER****

[Ks 4d Th 9c] Td ........damn

BB check, UTG+2 bet, I raise, BB call, UTG+2 call.

UTG+2 show T4o and won !!!
BB muck.

Played I good these hands???

Ladbrokes is hell for any tight player. There is poker pure gambling.

Old 09-20-2002, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Some hands to review...

1. Why just call the button's flop raise if you are going to lead out on the turn? Either reraise the flop or call (as you did) and checkraise the turn. Bad luck getting caught by a backdoor flush. What can you do against a guy who plays 72c like that?

2. If I am understanding correctly, everyone folded to you in the cutoff preflop. If so, I hope you raised, though it looks like you didn't. You must raise the turn here.

3. You played this one alright I think.

...essentially, you must play your good hands more aggressively against these people. Make them pay to draw out on you. You seem to be playing tight, but not aggressive.
Old 09-20-2002, 03:52 PM

Default raise the turn in # 2- all else OK N.M.

Old 09-20-2002, 03:58 PM

I don't think you lost enough money on these three hands.

I know it hurts when they draw out on you with 72s, T4o, etc. But Homer's right, you must make them pay for it.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:48 PM

Hand 1) I don't play KQo in ep anymore. I will play it from 4 off the button if there is no raise before me, or a limp from a very tight player. But in your game I'm sure it's not bad to play. I would have 3-bet that flop especially against a maniac. when you're raised on a flush board I think you have to just call, and save a bet.

2) I assume you raised pre-flop, and a good player cold called you. I would fold that flop when bet into because I would fear a raise from the button. When the Q turns you need to raise. I think you have to call the river bet. Bad luck, but he might have folded to more agressive play.

3) I think this was played very well except the raise on the river. I know you say he's a maniac but he has raised every bet on this hand. He has better than top pair. THat board pairing is bad news for you.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:06 PM

With regard to your response to #3:

Sure, he may have better than top pair, but can he beat a straight? I think you may have misread this hand. Our hero turned a straight....
Old 09-20-2002, 05:37 PM

1) Reraise maniac on flop. 72s and raising his backdoor flush?! Make 'em pay, easy three bet if you've been seeing him turn over crap like this all night. Nothing you can do about the suckout, just that wins like this encourage the loser to pour his dough down the toilet. I probably would have reraised the river, too, not placing him on a made flush with his crazy betting.

2) If I'm reading this right, you open-limped in CO w/ KQs? Gotta raise that. Everytime. I'd raise the turn with top pair.

3) Play seems ok, I may not have raised the river after the board pairs.

These are all bad beats and I would welcome these losers in my game anytime. I just think you need to be a bit more aggressive. Yeah, you may have lost even more money on these hands, but you'll make it up on all the hands where their miracle doesn't hit.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:39 PM

Ladbrokes are really bad for some good player. Every hour I played there I saw heavy battle two maniacs who not have anything and raise reraise each other. In one game they make $31 pot in $0,5/1 limit game and first show 46s, second J4o. Second won pot with pair of queens on board.

Now, if you don't have absolutely BEST hand you can lose a LOT in one hand. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2002, 04:00 AM

As has been pointed out, raising on the end in hand one and three is too aggressive. Your post prompted me to read The Theory of Poker section dealing with play on the end after your opponent bets. It states you need to be at least 55% sure your hand will be good when called in order for a raise to be good, because you face the possiblity of a re-raise. Another way to look at it is if you raise, and your opponent calls, you win one bet. If he re-raises, you lose 2. So you are laying 2:1 on a raise.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:48 AM

Problem with their raise and reraise is then at Ladbrokes are about 70% player trying steal pot with nothing. They BLUFF a LOT if board is paired, if come third card of same suit etc.

If come third card for flush on River and are 3-4 players on River...one bet, second raise, third call, fourt fold and first show low pair, second nothing, third have two pairs. This is absolutely standart!