Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Player notes?

What types of things should I be putting in my notes? I try using notes but the only types of things I have in there are things like if the person likes to slowplay or if they are loose/tight players. What else should I be looking for to put in?
Old 03-05-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Player notes?

The most exploitable behavior is predictability. You want to makes notes on predictable behavior or you want to record data that will allow you later on to make the determination that someone is predictable.

Saying that someone is loose or tight, aggressive or passive is of minimal value. If you can't figure stuff like that out within a few orbits, you are clearly a limited player. If you need Poker Tracker to tell you who is what, I have no respect for you.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:52 PM

Put everything in you can! What he cold calls with, hands raised, showdown, check raises alot or not, slowplays, etc...
Old 03-06-2005, 02:17 AM

There are lots of things, but here are a few in partcular.

I use codes

AK, AQ. AJ .. if he can't let these go and calls down unimproved. I use

Abig-CLG (for can't let go)

Plays weak aces too much
LwAX

Flush and OESD staight draws. Does he call or raise, and does he check or bet the river when he misses.

Draws CCF or RRF, or CCB, or RRB

Quite often players have predictable tells for when they miss their draws. If so, note those.

I have lots more but you need to make your own list
Old 03-06-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most exploitable behavior is predictability. You want to makes notes on predictable behavior or you want to record data that will allow you later on to make the determination that someone is predictable.

Saying that someone is loose or tight, aggressive or passive is of minimal value. If you can't figure stuff like that out within a few orbits, you are clearly a limited player. If you need Poker Tracker to tell you who is what, I have no respect for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a wonder piece of authoritative and incorrect guidance.
So in a few orbits (3 or 4 I guess) you have all the players figured out as tight, passive, aggressive, etc.

So, the player who has folded 4 times, is tight??
The player who raises twice in four times is aggressive??
Player limped once and folded is passive..

I would say if you have this "figured out" after a "few" orbits, then you are a limited player playing with limited information and an overinflated impression of your own abilities.

By the way, you are right stating that predictability is very important to note. I especially like players who try and predict my play without enough information....lol

PS. And who asked for your "respect." People just want your money.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a wonder piece of authoritative and incorrect guidance.
So in a few orbits (3 or 4 I guess) you have all the players figured out as tight, passive, aggressive, etc.

So, the player who has folded 4 times, is tight??
The player who raises twice in four times is aggressive??
Player limped once and folded is passive..

I would say if you have this "figured out" after a "few" orbits, then you are a limited player playing with limited information and an overinflated impression of your own abilities.

By the way, you are right stating that predictability is very important to note. I especially like players who try and predict my play without enough information....lol

PS. And who asked for your "respect." People just want your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take very long to figure out who is a maniac. It doesn't take very long to figure out who is a rock. Online, where you have instant access to mucked cards on previous hands, you can tell who is betting or check-callng draws, who is holding on to overcards or underpairs, who calls or raises after flopping top pair.

It doesn't take long to figure out who the extremes are. It doesn't take long to figure out whether someone falls to the left or right of the line on the loose/tight and active/passive scales. Yes, it will take you longer to figure out players who are tough or tricky, but you get ample information to make a solid initial read on most players because most players are fish in greater or lesser degree.

My main point is that it shouldn't take long to establish someone as loose/tight, passive/aggressive, so notes should be more comprehensive than that. Otherwise, you are using them nowhere near the fullest extent possible.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play Full Tilt, can't use Poker Tracker...