Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 11:54 AM

Default I\'m Flush Nuts, Board Pairs On River

Sorry for lack of reads, I played this hand a few days ago [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls. (?)

I just called this bet, the pot was still small and I wanted to wait and raise the turn, I thought the odds of him folding outright were just too high with a one suited flop. Is this proper? Or is raising the better play?

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ...

Is this an easy cap? Or am I better off just calling when the board pairs and he all of a sudden pops a 3-bet?

Thanks
T
Old 03-05-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: I\'m Flush Nuts, Board Pairs On River

Flop.: It's HU, you have a monster, and the pot is tiny, given up a cheap card won't be costly since the pot is so small.

Turn: Standard.

River: I call. Would villian call a pf raise with Q6,63,62? Unlikely, but 66, 33, 22 much more likely. Looks more likes you're losing to most hand that 3-bet this river, only one you really beat I think is A6.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: I\'m Flush Nuts, Board Pairs On River

You're HU, so it's a two-bet swing, i.e. if you're ahead and you raise you win one bet, if you're behind and you raise you lose one bet (I'm assuming you're not folding, and disregarding the money already in the pot [including the bet to call, since you're not folding]). So, don't spend a lot of time agonizing over this decision, call or raise, doesn't matter, the hand is over and you're on to the next one.