Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Anyone else play like this? Thoughts?

3/6

3rd
#1 = (??? ???) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] __________CALL_________________FOLD
#2 = (??? ???) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] _______________FOLD
#3 = (??? ???) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___________________COMP_____________CALL
#4 = (??? ???) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ______________________FOLD
Me = (6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] __________________________RAISE
#6 = (??? ???) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ________________________________FOLD
#7 = (??? ???) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] __________________ FOLD
#8 = (??? ???) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] _BRING IN

4th
#3 = (??? ???) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] _CHECK___CALL
Me = (6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_______BET

5th
#3 = (??? ???) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_CHECK
Me = (6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_______CHECK

6th
#3 = (??? ???) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]__CHECK___CALL
Me = (6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_______BET

7th
#3 = (??? ???) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](??)__CHECK___CALL
Me = (6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])_______BET

Results in white:
&lt;<font color="white"> I win. He had a pair of queens </font>&gt;

jon - manually doing these is such a pain - I bow to your skillz
Old 03-03-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Anyone else play like this? Thoughts?

You had a very very live flush draw and your opponent didnt have a threatening board, I think you made the right move.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:49 AM

I think the raise is a mistake. You have a very live flush draw and you don't want to drive anyone out of the pot. Yes you have the K, but i would prefer to play this one atleast 4 way. If you just call the completion, the jack will be along for the ride and possibly one or two others. Your hand definatly prefers multi-way action!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:40 AM

I thought this was a situation where you want more players in the pot. I don't really understand the reraise on 3rd. If you had more than just the one overcard I think it would make more sense.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:25 PM

Greenage made a hand convertor.

Here is the twodimes simulation:

7-card Stud Hi: 500000 sampled outcomes
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
7s Qc Qh 266397 53.28 233603 46.72 0 0.00 0.533
Kd 6d 2d 233603 46.72 266397 53.28 0 0.00 0.467

Can you explain your 3rd street reasoning?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:39 PM

this is a play I will make OCCASIONALLY, depending on table composition. He raised the queen with an overcard hoping to get heads up and disguise a flush draw. This will work if he makes kings.

This play should only be used against a weak player who will pay you off all the way and shouldn't be used that much.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This play should only be used against a weak player

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. The player you do this against has to be the "holy crap I have AQ so I should raise" type player. In order to isolate you want to relatively sure you are against someone with a gap somewhere.

grb....your right...making these post by hand suck. But if you make a bunch of them it starts to get a bunch easier (espically if you do it in notepad 1st then paste it in)
Old 03-03-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

grb....your right...making these post by hand suck. But if you make a bunch of them it starts to get a bunch easier (espically if you do it in notepad 1st then paste it in)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Greenage made a hand convertor. No need for such hassles anymore.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:06 PM

your right your right

does the converter work for party?
Old 03-03-2005, 01:11 PM

jon, even if you think he might have queens, this play can work if you know HE WILL NEVER LAY THEM DOWN, especially if you make kings or two pair.

Again, this should not be done often.