Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Anyone else having a hard time finding 1/2 tables?

I moved up to 1/2 last week and all week I have been down. I think it is mostly because of bad luck(can't remember the last time i hit a flush [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] ) and of course a some bad play but was curious if table secection could also be a problem.

First of all its hard as hell to get into a 1/2 10max game. And then when I do its almost impossible to find one with VP$IP higher than 30% AND when I do both of them it never lasts more then about 30min. Very frustrating!

Anyone else having a similar experience?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Anyone else having a hard time finding 1/2 tables?

search for posts about Party 1/2. this has been discussed a few times.

Personally, I went from .50/1 to 1/2 6 Max. I think the games are much better than 1/2 full.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:49 PM

I've been doing the same thing. I'm about break even over my first 4k hands (tiny sample size, but I just started last week) while I was a huge winner at .5/1 over 50k+ hands. The table selection sucks and I love full table play, I might move to 2/4 at some point soon...although 1/2 isnt as bad as everyone says it is...break even with aces having a -5BB/hand means that I am doing something right...I think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
search for posts about Party 1/2. this has been discussed a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was playing three tables for the past 3 hours. Went up a buy-in on two of them and finished even on a third. Plus 540 out of 624 hands were raked. None of these tables got over 30% VP$IP that I remember.

I don't know why everyone says these tables are so bad. This has been the norm for me so far. Granted my sample size isn't that great yet, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. But while I don't believe my winrate will hold up, I very much believe these tables are beatable, and I find it hard to believe I am so good that I'm better than everyone else here (I think I suck to be honest).
Old 03-03-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
None of these tables got over 30% VP$IP that I remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's pretty tight for a table VPIP.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:01 AM

Yes table selection was a bitch tonight. I wonder if this is due to people dropping down to 1/2 to clear their bonuses.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's pretty tight for a table VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]
It may be, but being tight preflop isn't all there is to playing good poker. Enjoy this hand:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Qs Kd (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ad Ah (four of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>
Old 03-03-2005, 02:16 AM

Hang in there. After nearly a week after moving up from .5/1 and seeing nothing but 20VPIP tables, tonight proved to be much better. Sitting at a table right now where one guy is 47, another 53, 59, 33, and 60. These are all after 50 plus hands. Another table tonight featured three people with a VPIP over 60. It does happen! On a side note, I just won a 27 bb pot heads up when I capped my made ace on the river with a guy that I knew played crap. He ended up having Ace Ten. Two bad I just took a bunch of nyquil and won't be able to stay at this table too much longer. PM if you want the table number. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Better hurry cause I won't last much longer.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:18 AM

think i played w/ u briefly. that was a tight table...
Old 03-03-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think i played w/ u briefly. that was a tight table...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it was. I finished pretty much even on that table. Would have had done better but I played 3-4 hands pretty badly because I was distracted by other tables :-( Oh well, as I said I finished up a buy-in each on the two other tables I played :0) According to my stats you finished up 20BB on the table we were at as well, congrats.