Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 11:32 AM

Default 23s,BB, 15/30

Button a bit over aggressive, SB looks a bit on loose-passive side. Do you like the line?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 03-02-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: 23s,BB, 15/30

possible river c/r?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:55 AM

fold PF.
23s = ubertrash.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:57 AM

I really hate this whole hand.

Preflop is a fold.

There are a few viable lines on the flop, but given your lead, I think you need to 3-bet the cr to set up a free card that a passive sb will likely give you.

River, I think a cr gets you the most.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 PM

I play any suited 3-way+ PF in BB for a single raise. It shows some small profit 3-way and way more 4-way.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Played perfectly.

Preflop -- Easy call from the BB with only the CO (who limped) to call after you.

I like the flop play, although I personally wouldn't have capped it. If you didnt cap it, I would have check-raised the turn when it was checked around to the button, who would bet.

Perfect turn play. I would never check-raise here. These guys are not going to fold their flopped pairs because of the A.

River. Well-played, take it down.

p.s. For all you non-believers of the ace-adjustment theory, please note the turn card.

TSP
Old 03-02-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play any suited 3-way+ PF in BB for a single raise. It shows some small profit 3-way and way more 4-way.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a new scale:

Angelo{-----------------------}Peter

Can you tell us more about how you came to the conclusion above?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:26 PM

I just know my average implyed odds depending on number of people to see a flop with weak 4-flushes,trips and 2pairs and amount of my marginal winnings with small pairs 3-way out of position. This play is just suited for level i play. Maybe it shows minus in tighter game, but until i have good stats for a decent amount of hands i wouldn't remove this defence.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Played perfectly.

The one thing that bother me is strange play of button in the flop. What hands could he hold after that call-3bet action even mentioning he a bit over-aggressive? 2 pairs? Set? 4flush? TPTK, Overpair? All these hands except 2 pairs don't make me ahead on flop against 2 people, and 2 pairs makes me ahead a tiny bit (11 outs). And i think this guy would raise flop with these 2pairs and not call-raise and they are quite unlikely due to the board. When he have a set im drawing to around 7outs as i need no pair on a board and no 2 diamonds to come on turn and river where im likely to loose against 2 people.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:11 PM

Default FWIW . . .

I play exactly the same way out of the BB for 1 bet, when I am sure of putting the last (or next to last) money in the pot. As I often mention in my posts when I try to discuss serious issues, I play much looser out of the BB than most.

While I dont keep the detailed stats that most 2+2ers do, I am confident that my BB play is not a leak.

TSP