Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 07:36 AM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster
Default Questionable A9s

Getting close to 300BB,so I'm taking a couple of spins each day at .50/1.

I think the big questions are preflop: bet or limp? river: check or bet? Comments on all streets welcome, though. Only my second orbit, but villain was obviously pretty passive.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 03-02-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Questionable A9s

looks g00t. Preflop could probably go either way. River is a good value bet IMO.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:44 AM

did he have AA? I'm assuming you lost this hand or you wouldn't have posted it. Where did you put him? I think you played it okay because it looked to me like he was chasing the flush (maybe with AdKd though...). I don't know if he was capable of slowplaying a bigger hand though because I have no background on him. He might have had AA, 99, AKs, KK...
I think with Ax suited, you are not looking to pair up. This can only lead to trouble later in the hand. I know this is kind of vague, but mostly it depends on where you thought he was. If you think you were ahead the whole time then I think you played it okay.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:47 AM

Depending on the table I might limp A9s here as it's a good hand in a multiway pot if you get the flush draw on the flop - raising wont fold a better Ace (when talking about typical Party players) so you still would like to hit two pair if an Ace comes on the flop. Raising is better at a tighter table.

The river is a definite bet, if he's very passive and had a K or a 5 you would have heard about it by now, probably a worse 9.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:07 AM

I would of probably limped Pre-Flop but I dont think it matters that much either way.
The rest of the hand is how I would play it.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:26 AM

Good hand, well-played all around even though you might have lost. I like the raise for value preflop.
When you do decide to move to .5/1, consider taking your money to Party or Skins for some bonuses and soft play-also consider getting a rakeback offer from one of the affiliate sites.