Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Some irritating jacks 2/4...

Villain has about 500 I have him covered. 9 handed.
I havent played any hands with him or ever seen him and he just joined up about an orbit or two ago.
Folded to me in MP with red jacks, I make it 14 to go. Folded to the BB who calls.

Flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet 25, he minraises to 50, I make it 125 total he moves in, I fold. These hands annoy me, thoughts?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Some irritating jacks 2/4...

I've resorted to calling the min-raise and putting them all in on a non-club/scary turn. I've had mixed results, I've only been shown a set a few times. I make a note on those players, otherwise seems to work out well.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've resorted to calling the min-raise and putting them all in on a non-club/scary turn. I've had mixed results, I've only been shown a set a few times. I make a note on those players, otherwise seems to work out well.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah there have been a few similar hands like that posted recently and that is the only way to play it in my opinion.
rereraising here is no good at all.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:19 AM

Also, side note, on semi-scary boards such as this one, if I've raised preflop with an overpair and I'm out of position I have started check-raising more so people can't just take the pot away from me. Since you're in position, again it's a gamble, but I've sometimes checked the flop to see how the turn plays out. Just some thoughts, yeah it sucks when an Ace or something hits on the turn, but sometimes I have better control over the pot/myself when doing this.