Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Is party 3/6 game too tough / or I am just not good enough?

I recently moved up to 4 tabling party 3/6. Had some good days, then went dry. Most of my gains are from bad players calling me down to river. Once those fishes are gone, the table turns really tight and I have trouble finding 4 good tables. It's not unusal to have 2/3 people seeing flops and pots under $20. I am tired of changing table all the time.

I am not sure if I am no good or the game is bad.
I still hold a 2BB/100hands stat, but my sample is small and I haven't won for a few days.

I wonder if I should stick to the game and try to improve and see if I can beat it, or find some better place or level to play?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Is party 3/6 game too tough / or I am just not good enough?

heh, like what? Your choices for good day games are like 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10 SH.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of my gains are from bad players calling me down to river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats all poker is... U aren't gonna make ur gains from smart playing mulittabling TAG's. Its the bad players u give up your money.

If ur not happy with 2BB/100 @3/6 u need torealize for comparable profits u need 3BB/100@2/4, 6/100 @1/2, and 12/100 at .5/1... the only one u have a shot at is playing 2/4. So either stick with it of play 2/4.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:58 PM

I can't maintain 2bb/100hands with 3/6 if game stays this tough. Just did my lasted download and it went down to 1.3

My goal is not only to make some money but also to eventually move up in limits.

Playing with tough multitable TAG really make me feel exhausted.

I learned to be more aggressive than when I was at 2/4, but I keep getting reraised.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM

I'm a firm believer that the 3/6 is a very tough game on party and that x tabling 2/4 will result in higher yields than x tabling 3/6.

Personally, I played 2/4 for 25k hands, played the 3/6 for about 10k, got sick of it, and just moved to 5/10 SH.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:19 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

10,000 hands is a blip
Old 03-01-2005, 06:20 PM

I'm a firm believer that the 3/6 is a very tough game on party and that x tabling 2/4 will result in higher yields than x tabling 3/6.

My opinion too. The harder task of table selection at 3/6 made me head back to 2/4 again. It's much more than 1.5 (6/4) times easier to find 4+ good tables at 2/4.

With that being said, my advice would be: please stay at 3/6. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Adde
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 PM

hmm, and I've been thinking of moving up to 3/6. Maybe I better just stay put.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good table selection is a and o in these games during any non-primetime hours. I usually manage to dig up 8 good 3/6 tables, but sometimes it takes too long and I just grab a few juicy 2/4 to fill up. (Or that rare beast, the juicy 5/10 full.)

Guess I need to start inching toward sh play soon.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:58 PM

$3-6 is more profitable but it's a much tougher game than $2-4.You may not succeed your first or even second attempt if you don't hone your game.Think about your game away from the table.I've played about 120,000 hands at each game- moving up now above $3-6 but still play it regularly as I figure out my new gameplan to get into the $15-30 Full...more $5-10 6max/Full then 15-30 is my plan right now.The $5-10 Full suck but if you 6-8 tabled for rakeback you could subsidize/smooth out your results as you get ready to move up tackle $15-30 Full.

The best full LHE games on Party are $2-4,$3-6 and $15-30.The 15 game is looser than $3-6 but I'm not yet ready for the swings.So I will continue to muddle along and move up slowly.I just hope by the time I'm playing $15-30(hopefully next 3-6 months) that the games will still be good-dunnuh

Just as an example of thinking about the game away from the table have you thought about your blind play in $3-6.It's vital to winning.It took me awhile to to adapt to the 3/1 bigblind/smallblind structure.You must lock it down in the small blind and play very tight..but at the same time w/ good and accurate PV/PokerTracker stats you must defend your blinds often especailly from LP steal-raises.When a guy has a 35%+ ASB you must play back at these guys often.More and more players are playing TAG ie 18-15VIP/13-7%PFR/33%+ASB.So you need to counter this somehow.Obviously my choice is to always be in the best games possible avpoiding games were you have mostly decent players.Yes you must move around alot in $3-6 because the games often erode quickly into rockfests.Get out of them and find better games.If you dont your results will suffer.This is work right??not easy so find the good games and get into them.If you dont play for rakeback there are other $3-6 games that are better on other sites ie GP,Pacific and smaller rooms that may make the equation more profitable.

IF you are just a rock and dont defend or steal in this game you will have a hard time making much money.
You need to have better hand reading skills and be willing to gamble at the same time you are playing your TAG game..a balancing act..
There are a ton of TAG at this game that play very poorly after the flop..They are just thinking too much or dont have good hand reading skills or they cant lay a hand down.Play more, refine your game..and work harder.

Here's a little tidbit that I was just thinking about yesterday as I was playing.
I have been worried of late that my ASB was getting too high and other observant players were noticing this because I was getting played back at alot.So I had some qualms about my ASB strategy or lack thereof.I usually have an ASB ~34.50+/- a couple points.
So finally for some reason I dont know why I didnt do this earlier-I did a range of simulations using pokercalculator on specific hands versus 2 random hands represaenting the sb and bb.I learned alot from this and now have it on paper but wtf why havent I done this before.Most of my strategy seemed close to optimal but there were gaps.Purely instinctive play isnt enough.

Work on your game and be more game selective..