Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 06:25 AM

Default KK in SB - UGLY flop

Table is full of loose passive players, just like a typical Party table. What would you do on this flop? I checked to open the action because the board was just THAT ugly.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero ...
Old 03-01-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: KK in SB - UGLY flop

Betting out might be just slightly slightly better than checking, but it's definitely a fold when it comes back to you either way.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:28 AM

I would've bet the flop, but since you didn't I would fold with it 3-bet back to me. I'm questioning your read of "loose passive" with all this action, but even assuming that it's loose aggressive, one of these guys certainly has an A. Even if they don't, a single club kills our hand.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:28 AM

Out of curiousity, why would betting be better than checking? I mean, as much as being aggressive is compared to godliness around here, I felt that this was one situation where there was absolutely no place for it. To tell you the truth, I almost just folded instead of even checking.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 AM

I wouldn't even bother betting into four people on this sort of board and it's an obvious fold when it gets back to you 3 bet.

...folds in a heartbeat

[ QUOTE ]
I would've bet the flop, but since you didn't I would fold with it 3-bet back to me. I'm questioning your read of "loose passive" with all this action, but even assuming that it's loose aggressive, one of these guys certainly has an A. Even if they don't, a single club kills our hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
The table was very passive. What do you do on this flop if you have the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in your hand with this many people around? I'm pumping for value. It doesn't really take a good player to make that sort of play. I mean, hell, I'd do it!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:31 AM

good hand. The pot is just too multiway, and you are out of position for the hand. Also, you have 1 real out as K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] makes a flush (though I'll give you a redraw of it hits the turn)I think that there is no place for aggression here.

Where I get a bit more confused is, what happens if we check it, and it comes back for 1 SB?
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The table was very passive. What do you do on this flop if you have the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in your hand with this many people around? I'm pumping for value. It doesn't really take a good player to make that sort of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, absolutely. And if it really is passive and they've all come to life then we have even less business in the pot than otherwise.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bet the flop then? Hero's set draw needs to be cut to one out here as the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] puts four to a flush on board and someone clearly has at least one club here, as well as someone else (at least one of them) with an Ace.

[ QUOTE ]
To tell you the truth, I almost just folded instead of even checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do that.