Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 05:33 PM

Default AQ from the sb, did I commit FPS

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qh As (one pair, queens).
UTG+1 has Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 13 BB. </font>

I think this entire hand was double FPS here. UTG+1 raiser was a little loose and the raise did perk my head up a bit, but I thought I could very well be in a 50/50 situation so I decided to threebet PF(unwise?). when the Queen hit I did get real fancy, but this session I had been very aggressive with my PF betting when I entered a pot so I got fancy and went for a trap. results below
Old 02-28-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: AQ from the sb, did I commit FPS

That's not a board I want to give any free cards to (refering to the turn).
Old 02-28-2005, 05:57 PM

I'm not sure AQo is a call from the SB when UTG+1 was the raiser. I think I would have folded. Anyone?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 PM

I'm not folding AQ PF to one raise at these limits.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:04 PM

Well, SSHM recommends a fold with AQo from the SB against a raise and even though there are only 3 players - which is a good thing for AQo - I find most micro players to be rather passsive. So I'd respect an early position raise unless I knew for certain the player in question was LAG.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding AQ PF to one raise at these limits.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this? In my experience most people at this limit are too passive pre flop.

I am folding pre flop here

Edit: deleted useless sentence [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2005, 06:26 PM

Maybe this is a leak in my game. My experience is that players don't understand position, and like to raise with big cars. This could be KJ, AT, KQ. I actually think I raise this. I certainly could be wrong, and would like someone to explain why this is a leak.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:29 PM

I do not know for certain you are wrong to call here. However, I always have a lot of respect for early position raises when the players are generally passive (even if they aren't especially good players). Many of the hands that get raised from EP would have you in a lot of trouble.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is a leak in my game. My experience is that players don't understand position, and like to raise with big cars. This could be KJ, AT, KQ. I actually think I raise this. I certainly could be wrong, and would like someone to explain why this is a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well i just wrote a few paragraphs and deleted them because while thinking about it I can't think of anything that would suggest your wrong.

I have always thought of it as most players are either good like us, raise way to much, or are way to passive. However after thinking about it there must be people like you suggest, just a question of how many....

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] im confused now... anyone else have a opinion?
Old 02-28-2005, 07:01 PM

Preflop: don't call
Flop: don't bet
Turn: don't check
River: don't 3-bet