Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2005, 04:47 AM

Default new to cash games

hey guys... i'm a sng guy and have recently started to get into small nl cash games on poker stars. I have little to no clue about what size games i should be playing or any bankroll considerations. currently i am playing the .10/.25 cent games where i sit with $25 to start. i also know people talk about the tournaments being easier on party then on stars and i'd like to know what you think about the cash games. is there a site i should play at? i have a decent knowledge of the game but far from the pros.

thanks for your thoughts
Gerard
Old 03-01-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: new to cash games

come on.... i can't get any advise here on bank roll... size of games... best site? general tips on what should change from playing sngs to cash games?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:17 PM

If you're playing tournaments, Stars. Cash games, Party. Bankroll for NL should be between 15-20X the buy-in.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:19 PM

ya... i currently play sngs on stars... i have about 550 that i've built up in the past two months from them... an i am playing the .10/.25 cash games at stars here and there... sit with $25. that about right for my bank roll?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:23 PM

Plenty.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:33 PM

The thing is that there is a new thread devoted to this about every three days, so it gets tiresome answering. I just did a simple search with the nearly useless search function here and came up with plenty of threads that answer these questions. At least try that first, and then ask questions based off of what you find there. Things like "I read a thread where people advocated a 20xbuyin BR, but does this change for 6max games?" It is difficult to answer "what do I need to know for playing NL ring games?"

-Trail
Old 03-01-2005, 09:37 PM

thanks... i've never had any luck with it... sorry for the stupid newbie questions... i'm sure they come up non stop on here...
Old 03-01-2005, 09:39 PM

It's no problem. I don't mean to be an ass, it is just a vague question that could use some specifics. I hate the search function also. I think it was progammed by a child.

-T