Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 02:14 AM

Default AA hand - 2 maniacs - enormous pot

In this hand, the guy that called three cold right after me preflop and the guy that acts immediately before me are both absolute maniacs.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (18.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (34.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 50.75 BB

I hate the way I played the turn. I hate the way I played the river. I couldn't fold either. I had odds to draw to my set the whole way through. I had seen the guy who acted before me push bottom pair the same way he was doing it this hand. Does anyone play this any differently? I tried to slow down, but the maniacs wouldn't let me. No way I could let go either. No flush on the board. No reasonable straight draw. Just two absolute maniacs against my top pair.

By the turn, I was disgusted. I wanted to fold SO badly. I called anyway though. On the river, I really wanted to fold, but there was no way I was going to give up a chance at a 50BB pot. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: AA hand - 2 maniacs - enormous pot

Given those reads, You have to play it the same way. Folding in this pot would be criminal. Make sure those reads are solid though/
Old 02-27-2005, 02:17 AM

against maniacs, you have to call down, if they have a ragged two pair so bet it, but you cannot fold.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:18 AM

Honestly I would get in there and cap every street if the maniacs are the only ones showing aggression. If some loose passive dude is in there raising, you have to be much more careful but you found a hand preflop and you have to dance with the lady that brung you. You are up against pretty much 2 random hands and you will drag this baby a good % of the time. It is super high varience but the rewards (as you can see) are great. Think of it as shoving your entire stack in with AA at a NL and getting called by 2 random hands. You won't always win but you gotta like the spot you are in.

Brad
Old 02-27-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I would get in there and cap every street if the maniacs are the only ones showing aggression. If some loose passive dude is in there raising, you have to be much more careful but you found a hand preflop and you have to dance with the lady that brung you. You are up against pretty 2 random hands and you will drag this baby a good % of the time. It is super high varience but the rewards (as you can see) are great. Think of it as shoving your entire stack in with AA at a NL and getting called by 2 random hands. You won't always win but you gotta like the spot you are in.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you beat me to it.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:24 AM

Well, at least the general sentiment so far is that I played it right. Maybe I'm being weak tight, but I still think I should have folded the river. I just can't really see much that I'm ahead of. Maniac or no maniac. There's just too much damned aggression.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:51 AM

i used to think like that, until i saw a maniac cap the river with jack high against my aces full.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i used to think like that, until i saw a maniac cap the river with jack high against my aces full.

[/ QUOTE ]

amen to that. one time, the board was paired and I hesitated on my nut flush, so I only called a 3-bet on the river.. the guy turns up cards as unrelated to the board as possible. Playing online is all about no fear.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:41 AM

No way can you fold this river against two maniacs. You probably still have the best hand and how tilted are you going to get if you fold the best hand? Sometimes you have to call for sanity's sake too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 04:27 AM

Well, maniac that acted immediately after me showed 36o and MHING.