Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Trapping

Small stakes, no-limit, live game. 4 players left. Blinds are now 5/10. I don't have converter so bear with me:
SB: Me. Dealt a Qd5s.
BB: Villain. Very loose and aggressive. She's read a book or two, so thinks she's a really good player. Bets two times the BB.
CO: Best player in the game. Very solid, and often aggressive. Calls.
Button: Usually LAG, but is on the short stack and has become supertight. Calls.

I call.

Flop: 10s, 5d, 5h. I check. Villan comes in with 20. CO folds. Button calls. I call. I'm glad CO folds, he's my only worry. Button would normally raise at this point if he had something, so I'm not worried about him. I'm thinking Villain has paint and thinks nobody else has anything.

Turn: 2c. I check. Villain bets another 20. Button folds. I call.

River: 7h. I check. Villain goes all in and I call.

I win the pot with trips and put the villain out of the tournament. She makes a comment about my slow play and I replied that I intentionally played that way to trap her. She vehemently disagreed and insisted that my play was not a trapping maneuver, I was just slow playing the trips. We debated a bit about it, but she kept her opinion and I kept mine.

My question to all the two plus two players: Who is right?