Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 08:36 PM

Default KK and a 3rd flop bet, what exactly am I thinking?

5/5 Harrah's in New Orleans. Game is a joke at best. Been here for about 25 minutes and play is soft. I have a pretty aggressive table image and have only had to show down 1 hand where I had QQ and aftera raise and a bet on the flop I called a check-minraise from a short stack and busted him. Other than that, I've been betting at pots and haven't showed down a hand. Villian doesn't seem like anything special, vietnamese guy wearing a wsop jacket. I haven't seen him get out of line or really play, other than an uncontested raised pot. I still can't decide whether or not he is good. He has about 600 behind, a little bit less, I cover.

Several limpers to me on the button with black kings, I make it 30 to go (could have raised more but raises were small in this game relatively speaking). 2 callers.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (~$100)

Checked to me, I make it 75, villian minraises to 150, other guy folds, I pause, think, have difficulty putting him on a 6, just didn't feel it, so I reraised making it 300 all day. Villian just call, weird? The call only leaves him with about 225.

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He moves in, I call.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

On the flop, I'm trying to figure out what hand villian has, for some reason it didn't feel like a 6 even though I've played with him for all of 30 minutes. He just seemed like someone that would lead out with a 6 or move all in after I reraised. So I'm deciding between a 6, hearts, AT or something like JJ. Maybe it was because I was running good or feeling confident at the table, but for some reason in this hand I was perfectly willing to back KK with my stack against this guy.

Not really looking for a bad to back stack or good to back stack reply. More looking for a critique of my action on the flop. I made the bet but in hindsight I don't think my logic was correct. When making this 3rd bet, what do I want to be putting opponent on, when do I not want to be making this 3rd bet. Like I said, he normally juices pots so whe he minraised I didn't put him on a 6, I put him on AT or hearts or maybe even seeing if I missed with something like AK, that being said, part of me was thinking my reraise is seeing whether or not he willing to move all in with a draw or AT. I would imagine most people reraise all in if they do have a 6 here, so his call sort of confused me. I normally peg vietnamese players as tricky aggressive gamblers, so this seemed out of line but maybe I'm wrong.

Side note: If in a poker game the bad players are fish, the good players are sharks then what are vietnamese tricky aggressive players? I have decided that they are pirrahnas (sp?). More slippery and scary than sharks.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: KK and a 3rd flop bet, what exactly am I thinking?

If you put him on AT/JJ/hearts why didn't you push on the flop? Re-raising 150 leaves 225 behind for him but I doubt you can get away from this hand with the pot this big. Especially since you want to charge him the max to draw out against you.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: KK and a 3rd flop bet, what exactly am I thinking?

Pretty tough spot to be in. He isn't sitting all too deep, so I don't mind your line if you plan to sit in the game for a long session. If he really is a Pirhana then maybe he had AA.