Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Advice needed: closing Party skins to reopen with rakeback

I have 2accounts(husband has one too) at 5 skins. I only play .5/1 for bonii. Should I close and reopen for rakeback? How much would I gain? I'm thinking that since I only play bonii that maybe i won't be elligible to get rakeback. I'm also concerned that it will be a big hassle resigning and/or that maybe i'll have to wait half a year before I can resign. TIA. I greatly appreciate everything that I have learned here. I'm up almost 2k for Feb [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 02-25-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Advice needed: closing Party skins to reopen with rakeback

At the level you play, bonus is going to be a lot more lucrative than rakeback, so I wouldn't go through the hassle.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:35 PM

if a pot on party poker is raked for the minimum 50c fee, then the minimum gross revenue per player is 5 cents. a typical 25% rakeback deal would then be worth 1.25 cents per raked hand for a 50c/$1 limit player, or about 50 cents per hour, per table.

in comparison, party poker pays bonii between 10-20 cents per raked hand depending on the particular deal you're playing under at the time.

if you do want rakeback on the side when you're not clearing bonuses, you might consider signing up at one of the other skins of the party network, instead of attempting to close and reopen your core Party Poker account. with the MGR that a 50c/$1 account generates, you are also not likely to earn enough rakeback to offset the bonuses rebated from your account.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:40 PM

I think it would be good advice for *all* bonus whoring newbies to go through and read most of playerare's posts here. He does a great job of evaluating all bonus/comp deals out there and has really illuminated the value of bonuses from one site to the next.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the level you play, bonus is going to be a lot more lucrative than rakeback, so I wouldn't go through the hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]
true, but when any newb gets good enough to move up the ranks to 2/4 and higher they will regret not having go through rakeback.

so....quit bonus whoring all the party skins, leave at least one skin for each network for rakeback.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when any newb gets good enough to move up the ranks to 2/4 and higher they will regret not having go through rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
rakeback earnings are still negligible at the $2/4 level IMO. 3-5 cents per raked hand versus 10-20 cents for everyday bonii. you gotta have average pots above $60 w/max $3 rake ($5/10 and up) before bonus whoring can be prudently phased out.

[ QUOTE ]
leave at least one skin for each network for rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
this part I agree with.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:49 PM

What if it's too late and I already have made accounts? I wasn't aware of these rakeback programs at the time of bonus whoring glory days. Is it possible to close and reopen?

On a sidenote, removing UCID in registry (under calculator) didn't work for my friend when he tried to register on Empire (he had an account on Party). Does anyone konw what the new way to resolve this is? Thanks