Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Problem on PokerRoom.com -

I was wondering if anyone here who plays at Pokerroom.com has ever had an issue like below.

I recently reloaded on the site due to their reload bonus but had a serious problem yesterday during a 2/4NL hand.

The long and short of it is - I rivered the nuts, my opponent bet into me, and as I was contemplating how much to raise, my hand was folded, and the pot slid to my opponent!

It was the craziest thing I've had happen to me in the 1 1/2 years I've been playing online poker. If it was a tiny pot, I would probably just brush it off, but it wasn't.

I was on a wireless network on the time but do not think it was a connection problem because I received no warning that there was a connection problem. Normally you get a "you have been disconnected, attempting to reconnect" message. I received no such message.

I emailed support at PokerRoom and was disappointed to receive a form letter back telling me to make sure I have the latest version of IE installed and some Java Update (which I installed when I first started playing at the site).

Anyone ever have any issues like this on their site? If so, what was the resolution?

Thanks.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Problem on PokerRoom.com -

Get on the phone, talking to a live person is always better than email. Hopefully they will ask you to send them the hand history tout suite.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:55 AM

I've played for over a year on pokerroom, literally tens of thousands of hands and never had any problems. not sure what to tell you.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:59 AM

Often when I'm multitabling at PokerRoom I will be unable to access one table until it has timed me out and folded my hand. And of course their support will not compenstate me for that. Not sure if this is what happened to you...
Old 02-25-2005, 11:03 AM

Never had this happen.

1-888-MY-POKER

I suggest you call support.
But I doubt you'll be compensated.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Often when I'm multitabling at PokerRoom I will be unable to access one table until it has timed me out and folded my hand. And of course their support will not compenstate me for that. Not sure if this is what happened to you...

[/ QUOTE ]

No it happened too fast. I was playing 2 tables but only involved in a hand on this one.

I thought about min-raising my opponent's $50 bet, then decided to make it $125 instead. As I went to type it in, the pot was on it's way toward my opponent.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and as I was contemplating how much to raise, my hand was folded

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you were at a turbo table, and had a slow connection..... turbos give you very little time to think, that coupled with a short lag and you are screwed.... I generally avoid those tables, especially when multi-tabling
Old 02-25-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and as I was contemplating how much to raise, my hand was folded

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is you were at a turbo table, and had a slow connection..... turbos give you very little time to think, that coupled with a short lag and you are screwed.... I generally avoid those tables, especially when multi-tabling

[/ QUOTE ]

How would I know if I was at a "turbo-table"?

The table was "Neapel".
Old 02-25-2005, 11:21 AM

The table would've had a little lightning bolt next to the name of it. I just checked and couldn't fine a Neapel table, probably closed it. Call support and ask them if it was a turbo table.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The table would've had a little lightning bolt next to the name of it. I just checked and couldn't fine a Neapel table, probably closed it. Call support and ask them if it was a turbo table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - I'm going to call them on my lunch break.

Maybe it was a turbo table, and maybe I did time out. I don't know. It seemed to happen really fast. Also, I don't remember seeing one of those bars above my head showing the time ticking down.