Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Hand reviews

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 20 BB

I bet the river and both MP2 and button called. SB was all in. Not sure why that part is not converting. Should I have slowed down? I though SB might have 2 pair and was trying to build a side pot or that I was ahead and trying to charge the draws.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Hand reviews

Hand 1: Check-call the turn. They aren't folding and your bet isn't for value. Plus, it sucks to get raised. You stand a decent chance of getting a free card.

Hand 2: Looks fine. You want to build a sidepot when SB is allin, so I like the turn 3-bet.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:50 AM

Im not sure about Hand 1 without knowing your reads, but I like your line on Hand 2

Hand 1:
Im not sure about your raise on the flop, it is player dependent. I would do this at times but based on your position I would be more inclined to call. Most 2/4 games your raise will not buy you many outs as a flush draw will almost always still call. If your raise won't get a flush draw out (again depends on the players) then I would call hoping more players come in, as if you hit either the non-spade 8 or K your good (Im not afraid of AQ with no preflop raise)
(with 6 solid outs and 2 tainted outs your draw is worth say 7 outs. Your seven outs are just less then 6-1 to come in on the turn and about the same on the river so you should have odds the whole to call and bet/raise when you catch)

I see nothing wrong with Hand 2, with the SB all-in on the turn rasing is correct if you believe you are ahead of the remaining players.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2005, 10:16 AM

Eleventy:

Hand 1: I would not raise the flop and force out the rest of the field. I want them in to pay off my draw when it hits. There are situations where I would raise a bet from my right with a draw, but this is not one of them.

Hand 2: It looks fine to me.

--Rico
Old 02-24-2005, 10:22 AM

Hand #1: I can not stand the flop raise, nor the turn bet. The flop is bad because it's folding the people who you want paying you. The turn bet is bad because it's not for value. Try for a free card.

Hand #2: Nice hand.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Results

Hand 1. I bet the flop trying to drive out the little flush draws and maybe clear the Q as an out. Someone who folded called me a lucky idiot since he folded his little flush draw. MP2 likes to bluff when checked to so I figured I would do it for him. The 8 gave SB 2 pair so MHIG. So results were good but I misplayed.

Hand 2. SB had little pair and OESD. MP had KQd. Button had 88 for set of 8's. So I am not sure why he stopped betting. I know I played this right I just have been getting screwed like this alot lately. Guys get great hands that by my preflop betting no way do I beat but they slowdown against me. Just wanted to see if anyone thought I was being wreckless on this.