Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Does money ever go missing on-site?

Tonight, I played, according to Eurobet stats, 4116 hands, and, after counting out my bankroll, found that I had lost nearly 500 dollars. I never check how much I'm up or down until the end of the night, but I can usually guess roundabouts how I did before I count out the bankroll. I've been playing online, multi-tabling, for 'bout 5 or 6 years now, and I've developed a pretty good sense for these things. Tonight, I was absolutely shocked that I lost $500. I mean, I wasn't tearing things up, but I figured I was at least around break even. So I imported the hands into PT and isolated the stats for today (I didn't play any last night, so there's no spillover). According to PT, I still lost, but only $190. However, PT shows that I only played 4109 hands, 7 short of what I played according to the on-site stats. But, still, even if I'm missing 7 hands, a $300 discrepancy at 5/10? Would have to be an amazing bad 7 hands to lose $300 in a 5 game.

Has anyone noticed a discrepancy between PT and actual results this large? There have been times that I have suspected that money has disappeared while I'm playing, but I've never worried too much, figuring that I just wasn't paying attention. Anwyays, never had anything close to proof. Is this at least evidence of something fishy going on or is PT just unrealiable?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Does money ever go missing on-site?

If you still have those hand histories, try importing them to another similar program and compare the results. Is Poker Office the name? If they have free trials for 4k hands that is...

Those seven missing hands could be when you left a table; you fold before showdown (and thus "got" the hand in the client stats), but the hand history on file will be incomplete and rejected by PT (I believe).

Seems strange with such large differing numbers.

Adde
Old 02-23-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Does money ever go missing on-site?

Interesting observation.

My initial thought was that you're off your rocker but really, what the hell do I know.

The thing is, sites would have to know that you havn't watched ALL day and all it takes is one meticulous player that is on the ball to catch such a scheme.

I've wondered myself about the discrepancies I see in PT when figures seem to be off slightly. My poker balance has always been consistant to a figure which I think it should be.

Regarding PT, nothing's perfect and I've noticed differences as well, albeit slight differences.

outs
Old 02-23-2005, 11:42 PM

Default Mystery Solved

I'm embarassed to admit it, but I made a mistake calculating my beginning bankroll. Having adjusted my figures, the PT results are correct and the money in my Eurobet account is as it should be. I'm usually so reliable keeping my figures, but I f'ed up here. Sorry Eurobet...forgive me, and don't torture me with anymore 2-out bad beats.