Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 08:02 PM

Default berating fish

I don't know if this player is a 2+2er, but uraknobgoblr (vpip and Pfr seem like it, and he was multitabling), if you are, please think before you berate the fish in the 15 game. i had him in 3 different games of mine today, and at every one i saw him insulting players for the hands they were calling raises with PF. just stupid.

At least one of the fish was me though... so that made me happy.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: berating fish

The only time I chat is when someone has been mocking a fish and the fish leaves the table. Then I spend some time telling the insulter how stupid they are. What do these folks hope to accomplish by berating a player that is spewing chips? They are asking him to leave. So sad.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time I chat is when someone has been mocking a fish and the fish leaves the table. Then I spend some time telling the insulter how stupid they are. What do these folks hope to accomplish by berating a player that is spewing chips? They are asking him to leave. So sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

my favorite: "don't tap the aquarium"
Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only time I chat is when someone has been mocking a fish and the fish leaves the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats what i wanted to do, but there were still a few other fishy players at the table, so saying something like that probably isn't good with other loosies still around.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:19 PM

I know who he is and I don't think he is a 2+2er. I'll let him know if I talk to him anytime soon as that bothers me also.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:20 PM

I dont play hi enough stakes and am not anywhere good enough to be calling anyone a fish or making fun of someone who is bad at poker. Nonetheless, even I recognize when there are some god awful poker players at the table.

My favorite is when some bad player sucks out on someones AA or KK with some garbage I will give them a hi five and tell them "i love that hand!" Throw in an anecdote about how you won a huge pot with 39suited or watever just got shown down as well for good measure.

*edit: I should include the disclaimer that my poker results often entail me leaving the table with slightly less money than I started, but me and the so called "bad player" developing a wonderful friendship.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:26 PM

I believe said person is a she. She isn't as bad as tomitivo at berating fish though. However, I don't think many party 15 players will get berated and think, oh I must be bad and I should quit. Most people playing the 15 at least think they are good.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:28 PM

It's a male from Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Old 02-23-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a male from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, well he claims he is a she.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:03 PM

This player is the biggest ass in the entire Party 15 game. I have seen him/her berate the biggest of fish and destroy the entire game. I confronted him in the chat box once and got some lame response "well I'd rather get beat by a good player than someone playing trash" or some BS on the line. The guy is just a total effing tard and there is like zero chance he is a two plus twoer.