Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Steal gone wrong gone right

Party $5/10 6-max. 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB.

Folded to me. BB is tight: he's folded every time his BB has been raised at this table, six or seven folds since I've been here. He's pretty aggressive when in a pot, though. Ooh ooh a TAG!

So I raise. We all raise this, right?

He 3-bets. Oops. He definitely has something. Overpair, AK, AQ.

Anyone want to fold here? I think I do, but I didn't.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I can live with that.

Assuming I'm ahead for now, which seems pretty likely, what's the best line to extract the most from this guy?

I bet. He raised. I called.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Now what?

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Okay now I am sure I am winning. Line?

Guy.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Steal gone wrong gone right

I 3-bet the flop, maybe he'll cap it with a high spade or pocket.

What happened on the turn? Gotta know that before I say anything about the river. As you played it I bet out on the turn. If he has an ace, I think he'll raise you and you can 3-bet, if he doesn't, well you probably weren't getting any action anyway by checking to him (he'll probably check behind -- I think -- esp. if he has a high spade and wants that free card).
Old 02-23-2005, 01:25 PM

against a tag i almost always 3 bet the flop. calling the flop and going for a turn c/r is just too risky imo vs a tag and may not even get more money in when he has a high spade. just 3 bet it and take the lead on every street. he may cap the flop or may raise the turn since he probably thinks you are tag also
Old 02-23-2005, 01:35 PM

I probably 3-bet the flop and lead out the turn. Hopefully he has a big ace along with a good spade, if not the As maybe the king or queen. He'd probably pop you on the turn and you can reraise again.

The river I bet hoping he has a big spade and will raise. I don't like check-raising because he'll likely check behind if he only has a pair. And if he bluffs at it, he won't pay off your check raise.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 PM

A tight BB does not mean he is tight when the SB is the one doing the open-raising.