Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 03:09 PM

Default 5/5 blind NL Presto on the BB against TAG

Okay, this TAG is probably legendary in Southern California mid limit games. He has a higher then normal "push all in" pre-flop for $5-$30 in blind money. Always says he had aces, but I've seen callers catch him with KQs.

Anyway, I'm in the BB with 55 and he enters the pot for only $25. Two other callers and I call.

I have everybody covered with $1100, raiser has $600, both callers have about $350

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, raiser bets $50, one caller and I call.

Turn card is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I believe my opponant has AK. I think he thinks I have a pair with a flush draw. The 3rd man I think has a flush draw. I'm pretty positive he has not flopped a straight, as he is young, inexperienced and sending off those subliminal tells that let you know he's concerned about his hand and definetly interested in whats cards coming.

What do you do? Results in white.
<font color="white"> Knowing the initial raiser is going to bet, and make a committing bet at that, I go for the check raise. I end up putting both all in. I really don't want the board to pair (unless a 5) or another diamond to come. 7 spades falls and I beat out AK, and set of 4's. </font>
Old 02-22-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 5/5 blind NL Presto on the BB against TAG

Bet the flop, you'll probably get raised (given the ace on the board), allowing you to reraise, getting any draw out of your way.

The money was going in between you and the 4's anyway. Yes, waiting for the turn allowed you to ensure getting it all in against AK, but a diamond would have possibly killed your action (or allowed 444 to win the pot when you fold). Do your gambling on the flop.