Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Vegas trip report - Feb 17th to 19th - Brief

I was in Vegas from Thurs to Sat of last week (17th to 19th). Played at 3 locations.

Rio:
Played 3-6 HE Thursday night. They had 2 tables of 3-6 and another NL, probably 1-2. 3-6 game was GREAT! Dealers seemed to be good, 6-8 players per flop, generally passive with the occasional preflop raise, mostly tourists maybe one local. I don't think there was a jackpot here. Played 2-3 hrs -1.5BB.

Sahara:
Played 11am NLHE tournament Friday. $60+$2AO+$20RB(1) If I recall, original buy-in gets you 1500 in chips, RB another 1500, not too sure where that $2AO factors into thing. 20 minute rounds, no ante in the later rounds. Dealers good and the room seemed to be well run. Busted near the middle, buddy took 4th for $127 - 3 tables paid 4 positions. 7PM daily tournament said to be some of the best for the money, most of the players I spoke to agreed. They run these every time 11am and 7pm, same buy in and structure. PM daily tournament is usually ~10 tables, pays ~9, AM daily 2-3 tables and pays ~3-4

Palms:
Played 2-4 HE in the early afternoon Saturday. At first only two tables running but room was filled by 3PM, I think mostly 2/4 and 4/8. Small room but comfortable. I think they ran the NL games in the high stakes room across the way (separate). Dealers good, 5-7 players per flop average, good mix of locals and tourists, some action player locals, some rounds straddled. Rake seemed high, but they give a progressive bonus for quad and SF hands starting at $50 and moving up over time - two quad hands paid off at my table during my session. Four-Qs for $129 and Four-6s for $239, shame it wasn't me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Played 3-4hrs +7BB. Table we played at was in need of repair as it was warped (saggy in the middle and edge), but that wouldn't deter me from playing there again.

Noted:
Excalibur poker room has expanded big time. I don't recall how big this place was prior to the recent expansion but it's fairly big now. Railbirded a 1-2 NLHE game while some friends used the restroom. Juicy game, one twenty something raising 40% of his hands and raising $23 into a $3 pot and showing Ace rag after the table folded. Don't know if he was on tilt but he lasted about one orbit before getting all in with middle pair and loosing vs another bad hand. If this is typical of NLHE here, I think I need to learn (mostly a limit HE and Omaha hi/lo player).