Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Poker Mountain question

Please forgive me if this has come up before, but I did a search and there were too many posts to read, and I also don't have time to go through the 1400 threads (literally) in the 3 weeks since I last signed on. So:

Can anyone other than BrownThumb tell me if Poker Mountain is worth signing up for? I like the idea of the $500 bonus, but what are the games like (soft, tight, etc.)? Are there very many games going at any particular time? It seems like most of the new start-up sites have great bonuses but no players. Any opinions/observations would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Poker Mountain question

[ QUOTE ]
Please forgive me if this has come up before, but I did a search and there were too many posts to read, and I also don't have time to go through the 1400 threads (literally) in the 3 weeks since I last signed on. So:

Can anyone other than BrownThumb tell me if Poker Mountain is worth signing up for? I like the idea of the $500 bonus, but what are the games like (soft, tight, etc.)? Are there very many games going at any particular time? It seems like most of the new start-up sites have great bonuses but no players. Any opinions/observations would be greatly appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since nobody replied to you, I have a message from my friend so this is technically not my opinion.

The money games are sparse, at best. The money games are very tight, probably full of props. This is not a situation specific to P. Mountain, its the same for any startup. It probably would not kill you to log in and watch the real money TABLE for awhile to see if you want to get involved.

My Opinion: The play money tables are great. The players are a little thin-skinned, you can probably run over them.
Support seems to be right on top of player concerns and complaints. I know this because I had 3 accounts banned.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:51 PM

I signed up and couldn't find any real money games to play. I check back occasionally, thinking that I'll play if there are players so I can get my bonus, but there's never anyone there.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I said "anybody but BrownThumb" because I figured you'd have an axe to grind with them after being banned. But I appreciate what sounds like a very reasonable opinion. Thanks again!
Old 02-22-2005, 12:36 AM

Worth giving it another try, our latest promotion has increased the numbers quite a bit, 8 full cash games going right now, and a bunch of Quick Start single table tourneys, including a $100.

Paul
http://www.pokermountain.com
Old 02-22-2005, 12:53 AM

I just downloaded the software, but cannot find any information about the bonus on their site. How fast do you unlock the bonus?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Here are the details for the Poker Mountain bonus:

If you search the posts on 2+2 you'll be able to find the bonus code (I'm not allowed to give it out), or go to Daniel Negreanu's site (fullcontactpoker.com) and download from there. Here are the rules:

1) You must enter the bonus code when you *register* for an account (email support if you didn't do that, they can help sometimes)
2) The bonus, up to $500, is based on the *initial deposit*, so if you want to go for $500, make sure to put it all in on the first deposit
3) You clear the bonus $10 at a time, which is 100 hands raked at 50c or more. You only have to be dealt into the hand, you do not need to participate in it other than that
4) There is no penalty for withdrawing any or all of your initial deposit, once you have registered for the bonus you can't lose it
5) The bonus does not expire, take as long as you need to clear it
6) As well as the $500 match play, once you have played your first 100 raked hands you will get a free $25 entry into a single table quick start tournament to qualify for the "Road to Bellagio" promotion
7) You will also be earning "Summit Points" (SP) while you play, these are not related to the bonus points. SPs are at the rate of one for every hand raked at 25c, or 8 for every $1 in tournament entry fees ( e.g. for a $30+3 tourney, you'd get 8X3=24 SPs). A promotion just started (19th Feb. thru 3rd March) where these SP amounts will be doubled

Paul
Old 02-22-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I signed up and couldn't find any real money games to play. I check back occasionally, thinking that I'll play if there are players so I can get my bonus, but there's never anyone there.

[/ QUOTE ]

There appears to be a bug in there software preventing me, and probably a lot of other people depositing money. Maybe they will get more people when they fix it.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:51 AM

I've heard that U.K. addresses can't deposit using Neteller, is it something other than that? I assume you've been in touch with support? Very soon now all those problems will go away anyway as we will be starting up a new cash method that will allow credit cards, bank accounts, etc.

Paul
Old 02-22-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that U.K. addresses can't deposit using Neteller,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there does not appear to be any other option but Neteller. And I have Emailed support. Told me to wait.