Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Big Pot

No specific reads, but it's been a very loose, preflop passive table. That is, before the flop it is not raised much but afterwards it seems normal. Then again, I've only been here a couple of revolutions.

Comments on all streets appreciated. I'll mention, though, that if you tell me to fold this pre-flop given the LP preflop texture of this table, then I respectfully disagree.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like this cap -- it's -EV against two callers. My thinking is that MP1 might cap anyway, so I could do it, and possibly disguise my hand a bit. Silly or not?

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Bad 3-bet or not?

River: (19 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Correct? Bet out? C/R?

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 02-20-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Big Pot

Raise that river, he may have the Ace of Hearts and had been hoping for another heart. Figuring he still has the straight.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:30 PM

I would have bet the flop.

also, if you have no read on MP1, then you can bet the river and call one raise. it sure looks like he has the A high flush though.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the flop.

also, if you have no read on MP1, then you can bet the river and call one raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:35 PM

Any ace makes a straight on the turn. Depending on reads, you may want to get more bets in on the river. Only a few hands beat you here, and there are plenty of second bests. I like betting out and calling a single raise on the river.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:44 PM

It looks like my suspicion that I should have bet out the river and called a raise was correct.

Villain showed a pair of 6's (with a heart), and my hand was good.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any ace makes a straight on the turn. Depending on reads, you may want to get more bets in on the river. Only a few hands beat you here, and there are plenty of second bests. I like betting out and calling a single raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
3-bet the river wouldn't be bad since he probably would play any flush this way. It's player dependant, though. He wouldn't raise an A on the river unless he's a maniac.