Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Finally reached 10,000!!!

well i've finally reached 10,000 hands. 4,000 of those hands were played over the past few days. how does this look? any feedback is greatly appreciated. thanks. roughly 4,000 @ 2/4, 5,000 @ 3/6 and 1,000 @ 5/10.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Finally reached 10,000!!!

bump. any comments, especially regarding the aggression factor, VP$IP
Old 02-20-2005, 02:09 PM

I'm not a PT expert and I realize you're happy to have hit your 10k so I didn't want to sa this but I think perhaps its important to have 10k at one level. As I'm sure you well know 10k is nothing. So a few thousand here and a few thousand there is probably less.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:33 PM

i don't think the levels particularly matter as my play across the levels is pretty standard and i believe the opponents play as also fairly consistent. no real changes from 2/4 to 5/10 in my opinion.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think the levels particularly matter as my play across the levels is pretty standard and i believe the opponents play as also fairly consistent. no real changes from 2/4 to 5/10 in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a comment on this statement, and it may just be a generalization on your part. I assume you have changed your SB completion standards from 2/4 to 3/6? The 1/2 vs. 1/3 blind structure make for a hefty reduction in VPIPSB.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i've finally reached 10,000 hands. 4,000 of those hands were played over the past few days. how does this look? any feedback is greatly appreciated. thanks. roughly 4,000 @ 2/4, 5,000 @ 3/6 and 1,000 @ 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you have over 800 posts?

Adam
Old 02-20-2005, 03:02 PM

because i mostly played sng's and mtt's. late november i bought pokertracker and realized it wasn't that useful for what i was playing. in december i started limit poker and was very profitable but i got bored of it. i went back to tournaments but kept remembering the more prosperous times i had at limit. i'm back at limit "grinding" it out.

did your question as to how i have 800 posts come about from something you saw in my stats, or the fact i only have 10,000 hands?

as for SB completion requirements, yes i do certainly take into account the structure difference.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:07 PM

i just noticed one stat that i find alarming.

folded to river bet 91 out of 229 times. that strikes me as way too high. maybe i'm drawing way too much (i always figure i have odds), but i'm probably folding the best hand too often
Old 02-20-2005, 03:31 PM

When I first read your topic I thought you meant $10k.

Just for curiosity's sake, can you give some background info? It just seems weird, so few hands at each limit and then being happy with 10k hands? Was this low-volume over a very long period of time or something?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm assuming these were NL tourneys? How'd you make the jump to limit so quickly?
Old 02-20-2005, 03:45 PM

I'll give this a shot.

First of all, your statement that your play doesn't chance between the limits you're playing is something which I do find alarming. Aside from the obvious difference in SB completions, there are a lot more blind steals/defenses the higher you go in limits, and your VPIP should be creeping down/your PFR creeping up as a result. 2/4 does not = 3/6 does not = 5/10.

As for the rest....your VPIP is a tad low, which isn't a big problem; just means that you're probably passing up a few slightly +EV situations preflop. Of course this is lowering your variance, but is also likely costing you a few dollars over the long run. It's up to you which is more important to you and your goals.

It also looks to me like you might be defending your BB a little too much. This is an area which I don't claim any expertise in, but a nearly 50% defense rate seems pretty high to me. Again, I don't think it's way high, but a little high.

Your folded to river bet % is actually a bit low, and not high. There are going to be a lot of times when you should fold to a river bet--i.e., busted flush draws, the river brings 4 to a flush or straight on the board and your opponents light up, etc. This number should be in the 40-45% range, and your lower number indicates either that you've been running hot or you've been making too many crying calls (or some combination of the two).

Just my observations...I don't claim any of them to be infallible. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]