Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 07:02 PM

Default PT stats (tear me up)

Everytime I get close to going over the hump my I slide back down. Please take a quick look and beat me up. I am starting to post more hands.. but I think I will be better off getting in to the discussions of other hands based on the recent commments at Micro-Limits.

Hands 11,300
VPIP 19.75
FSB 84.62
FBB 55.56
W$WSF 29.79
Amt Won (74.06)
BB/100 (0.66)
WTSD% 33.95 ( I feel I fold too much)
W$SD% 48.25
PFR% 4.96
AF 1.45

All of these numbers have been going in the suggested direction. I just didn't know if I am missing some glaring stat. I also have been wondering if I should start to chase bonuses to build my BR? I can handle 2 tabling and 3 when my emotions don't get the best of me.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: PT stats (tear me up)

You gotta get that PF raise to 8 or 9%. Your aggression factor is way too low too. It should be around 3.0 on the flop. Your WTSD% looks a bit too high.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:41 PM

Let me be the first to say......

INADEQUATE SAMPLE SIZE!!!!

Actually it's okay for stuff like VPIP and PFR, within +/- 1% anyway. And it does show your pre-flop aggression being below the recommended numbers. I bet you aren't raising TT, JJ, KQo, QJs? If you follow the SSHE tight table PFR recs, exactly, you should hit the 8% level. From there you can make adjustents based on your own observations.

But, anyhow, the problems probably aren't in your stats anyway, but in the details of your post-flop game. I say that because I'm going through the same thing and that's what I've decided - take it for what its worth. To fix that you have to study the hand histories in this forum and join the discussion like you're talking about doing, and it's going to take time and work but you'll gradually get better and soon you'll see that it was worth it.

Note - this post is directed to me as much as to you, but I hope it helps you too.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:12 PM

Good point with the raises... I will have to go back and see where my raise cutoff line is at. I also noticed I lose a ton of money in the SB.

I am going to go back and read SSHE.. again. I also think I need to get odds memorized so I can make better judgements during post-flop play as you stated.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:15 PM

Raise pre-flop (situation & card dependent of course)

Bet and raise, or fold the flop. You shouldn't be calling so much.

FWIW, my AGG #'s are barely, just barely over 2.0, so I'm working on the same thing.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Regarding Bonus whoring, it's ok to build your BR by doing that. That's what i'm doing now. But don't fall into thinking that because your BR grew due to bonuses that you are beating this level. Above all be honest with yourself. And yes, whore as much as you can [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2005, 09:42 PM

You certianly do not fold too much according to your stats. If anything, you dont fold enough.

W$SD is too low and WtSD is too high. This suggests that you go too far with marginal hands.

If your'e playing .5/1, your VPIP is probably fine. Its probably too high for higher levels.

Your PFR is much too low. You PFR about half the hands you should.

How often do you complete the SB? If it's more than about 40, its probably too high.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:52 PM

I think your VP/IP from small blind is your biggest leak. I had this problem just a month ago, and even though i've only been PT'ing for over a week now, the difference is huge
Old 02-20-2005, 10:09 AM

I am glad someone mentioned the small blind. My stats have me folding the SB about 84% of the time. I thought I was playing it too much and losing so I adjusted... probably over adjusted. I need to go back to SSHE and read about the blinds. BTW, I am doing very well out of the BB.