Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Drunk drawing to a straight

What's the best strategy when you find yourself drawing to a straight and a Drunk shows up?

Should I just give up on the straight or keep the betting along with the Drunk?

I thought you should try to get to the straight cheaply if you could.

Am I wrong?

I'm calling the CO the Drunk.

When it was all over the Button won with three 8s and the CO had A7d.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
Old 02-19-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Drunk drawing to a straight

your play is not that bad, although playing this way you will win the minimum on your strong draws...also, you are drawing to a flush on the flop, on the turn you pick up a gutshot...

Preflop: ok
Flop: i would bet this raggedy flop, if button raises thats ok cuz you will get value for your draw...you want a bet going in on this street but dont want to check/raise and knock everyone out by making them face two bets cold...

Turn: OK, you have a very nice draw, most likely 9 outs for the flush plus 3 for gutshot straight...

River: OK

also, don't post the results in your original post, it tends to affect the judgement of people that will respond, post then later when there has been some discussion...