Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Bankroll for super-micro.

Hello. This is my first post here and I have to say that this site has extremely helpful insight. Back to the point, at recently won a $25 freeroll at JetSet poker and have around $5 in my bankroll. JetSet has $0.01-$0.02 games, so I was wondering if my measly $5 will be able to cover a couple of hands, or will I have to make a deposit to cover the fee? All help appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for super-micro.

That's 125 big bets and it is .02/.04, so I say just go for it. If you happen to lose all 125 though it doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad player, since you're not really adequately bankrolled.

But you can always deposit later if you bust, so I suggest waiting.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:34 AM

I've played there. The $5 should last you for the rest of the year, if you play good, tight poker. What usually happens - and it happened at Noble, Paradise, Royal Vegas, and Crazy - is that after a couple of weeks of playing with no deposits, I started to get no cards to play. I would be playing at a little above 20% flops, and all of a sudden I am playing about 12%. BIG YAWN. I just left the money there and went elsewhere.

Nowadays, I am mostly enjoying Freerolls at Absolute (my favorite), JetSet (not to frequent), Bodog (I got a free $50 no rake required deposit there), and a few others like Poker Stars, Ultimate Bet, etc. I also play the .50/1 games at Absolute (my favorite of the bunch) and I am trying out Bodog.

So if you are finding yourself bored, there are plenty of places to go for free cash deposits or freerolls.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:58 AM

It's like you've read my mind, I've been playing the freeroll circuit for a few days now, no luck yet, but hey, they're FREE. Anyways, about that free $50 deposit at bodog, did youm win the $50 in a freeroll, or was it given to you for free?
Old 02-19-2005, 02:01 AM

I got a free $50 deposit right into my Neteller account as soon as I opened an account for the minimum $20. It was very fast. Send me a PM and I will send you the link.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:22 AM

Rich,

Stop giving the newbies bad advice.

Thanks,

Shark
Old 02-19-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What usually happens - and it happened at Noble, Paradise, Royal Vegas, and Crazy - is that after a couple of weeks of playing with no deposits, I started to get no cards to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell us you know this person and you are only joking. He is a beginner asking a legitimate question in the correct forum. You are suggesting something false and have no business scaring people away from online poker on these forums.

Onaflag..............
Old 02-19-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell us you know this person and you are only joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, he's not.

But in Rich's defense, he has gotten better about these sorts of things.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 AM

Your Honor, I would like to place this into evidence in my defense:

http://www.pokerplayerforums.com/for...ad.php?t=54489

It's funny - and interesting - reading. Given the total "unknowns" regarding online gambling, I keep my mind open to all possibilities. But for sure, it does get really boring playing only big blinds. Really, really, boring. I had to change venues.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:30 AM

Here is a good link to track all Freerolls. The times are off a bit, so you have to adjust.

Freeroll Monitor