Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Label design feedback

My photoshop skills are minimal. So disreguard rough looking images (im getting better though!)

What would you change?
Do you think the naked lady silhouette design is classless? (I am in college and play with people my age, 23, or younger.. including a handfull of females)

color needs work on this one

same as above, but reversed colors

full set

another full set, without the naked lady silhouette

some of the denominations are hard to read. Ill have to adjust a few to make them easier to read.

Feedback appreciated.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Label design feedback

Why would you kill anyone over Photoshop? Did they print pictures that you didn't want to come to light?

As to your chips- with a mixed crowd, I wouldn't do the female shapes- why risk driving off potential players? That said, I like the middle design the best of the three- it's pretty funky.
The last design should hit the trashcan, the first design just looks crude in style.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:24 PM

I think the naked lady is fine. Im a high school teacher and have a daughter, and I dont think young women would find those offensive (Im a man, however [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Of the top 3 labels, I like the middle the best. The spade and the rest of the suits could be worked into the set for variety.
And not to be rude, but the boob needs some work. A little off the top, round out the bottom, and fill out the flat front area. You know, the area where the "good" part is [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And not to be rude, but the boob needs some work. A little off the top, round out the bottom, and fill out the flat front area. You know, the area where the "good" part is

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the first 3 images are very rough... If I pursued that style more I would certainly clean it up.
I learned new tricks and tools to help me out, but Im still a photoshop newbie.
When I choose a final design I would hand it over to Jason to fine tune everything.

I just posted these for feedback on design, not quality [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2005, 10:09 PM

dat ho got some ghetto booty [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 09:57 PM

New design.
I go to East Carolina University.. our mascot is the Pirates, so I thought this logo would be very appropirate.

Thoughts?

Old 02-21-2005, 02:23 AM

The boobs on that girl are hideous. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I like the middle one out of the first three and agree that they would be fine in a mixed-sex environemnt. I'm sure you can find a better image of her on google. Do an image search for "trucker girl" or "mudflap girl".

The third one is hideous also IMO.

I actually like the 4th one best overall. The purple is two dark on the red chips though. Lighten it up a tinge and it'll be nice.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:26 AM

Why the nonstandard denoms? I'd have gone with $100 black, $500 purple, $1k yellow... but that's just me.

The silhouette looks good.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The boobs on that girl are hideous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I ATTEMPTED to tell people that the first few images are very rough because my photoshop skills are horrible. The lady image you see in the first 3 images is the same one you see on the first full set. As I was doing this I learned new tricks so that it wouldnt look as rought.

Also, the colors I have used are just EYEDROPPED. Meaning, they are not exact. All of that will be finetuned later. I just need design feedback, not quality [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The denominations i have used are arbitrary. However, in my home game we do use a non-standard set of values anyway.
1, 5, 10, 25, 50 is all we use. We only start out with 500 in chips. A 1000k chip isnt necessary.
The yellow and purplee chips will probably be used for cash games.. so they wont be $100 and $500 chips.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:23 PM

I like those much better. They really look good.

And, when it's time to sell them to upgrade your set... the school logo will probably increase their value when selling to a freshman.