Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Now where is that skirt???

Both opponents have less than 10 hands at the table, though I've just watched BB PFR with Q5o, flop top pair and turn 2 pair.

I didn't figure both opponents to be on a flush draw, perhaps one on a set. Do I bet this river???

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 02-18-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Now where is that skirt???

[ QUOTE ]
Do I bet this river???

[/ QUOTE ]

YES.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't figure both opponents to be on a flush draw, perhaps one on a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a question for you, have you EVER seen either the SBs or the BBs line taken by a set?
Also, what about the str8 draw? I think it is very likely that one of them has a pair/str8 draw or even a naked 10.

Very clear bet on river.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a question for you, have you EVER seen either the SBs or the BBs line taken by a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

EVER is a mighty long time...I probably have. Your answer would be easier to hear if you stripped the condescension and just told me that line would be unlikely for a set.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:15 AM

Like the other poster said, you're seeing monsters. What I would be looking for is two pair turned full-house, not a flopped set. However, I still think you missed a clear value bet. Also, once the BB cold-called the flop, I would've waited to pop the turn.

Scott
Old 02-18-2005, 07:18 AM

For the love of christ bet the river.

-Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EVER is a mighty long time...I probably have. Your answer would be easier to hear if you stripped the condescension and just told me that line would be unlikely for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an internet forum - you asked for advice - don't be so sensitive when someone doesn't take the most super-polite tone.

And yes, bet the river.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:43 PM

I probably would have value bet a Jack good kicker on the river, prepared to fold to a raise. This maybe questionable or even bad.

Your hand, my friend is an easy value bet and call of a raise. If you are raised, I would have a hard time not reraising... but I would cool out and probably just call.

I just think that if you are not value betting this river, you are probably missing a ton of river value bets.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, once the BB cold-called the flop, I would've waited to pop the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this a lot Scotch, good spot.

Altaslim- sorry if my post seemed condescending, I was just trying to hammer home the point that this river bet was eeeeasy. Nothing personal.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have value bet a Jack good kicker on the river, prepared to fold to a raise. This maybe questionable or even bad.

[/ QUOTE ]checking AJ here would be retarded.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:58 PM

This is among the easier value bet decisions you will have to make, especially since the bottom card on the flop paired. If the river was a J, i suppose an argument for checking could be formulated, but i think you bet anny river here after 3 checks, the pot is so big and people would be wrong to get cute with ahnds that beat yours.