Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Aggressive on flush draw +TP

No real read yet on the villain, through 50 hands he's seeing 50% of the flops with post flop agg of ~1.5. Was 3-betting the flop and just calling the turn the right play here?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Villain calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB
Old 02-17-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Aggressive on flush draw +TP

1.5 means he is not very aggressive post flop, right? If this is true, I think your villain has a set. I think the flop 3-bet is correct, but I call down the turn and the river, unless you made your flush. Him capping your flop 3-bet shows that his strength is real.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:59 PM

Unless Villain has 44 or some unraised monster, I think your strong two pair are good here and I don't mind the river raise/cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see Villain turn over something like K4s. In any casse, the flop + turn are gold.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:09 PM

I think the turn call is good, as you would face UTG and UTG1 with 2 cold, and you want them subsidizing the pot for your draw.

I'm wondering about the river cap. I am a horribly weak river player, so I don't want to give you bad advice and I'd like to see a more experienced poster break down the odds on how many bets to put in here, and what your equity is.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:38 AM

Thanks all for the comments, much appreciated. Turns out villain had the AK moster, which caught me a bit off guard (those 'tricky' fish) since no raise preflop. I put him tentaively on the A4.

I think when he 3-bet the river I should have seen stop signs popping up on my screen screaming AK or 44 and just called.

I'm only 4k hands in limit play and struggling a bit (obviously) on being overaggressive on the river, trying to squeeze every last bet I can out of the fish.

Unless I have the nuts is it "generally" wise to just call the 3-bet on the river?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm only 4k hands in limit play and struggling a bit (obviously) on being overaggressive on the river, trying to squeeze every last bet I can out of the fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fine, as long as your aggression doesn't make you the "fish" the bets are being squeezed out of.