Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Married to AKo

MP2 is LA-P.

I played only a few hands with button - he was short stacked when I got there.

I have played less than 20 hands with CO, but he's seen the last 10 or so flops but only went to showdown once (with J3s).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $1.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls $1 (All-In).

Flop: (14.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Was I giving money away or playing expertly?
Old 02-17-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Married to AKo

Was cutoff being LAGgy in the other 10 hands? If so I reraise the turn. If he was being passive in the other hands you may be in trouble. My gut is telling me you are beat. If not, this guy is the guy you want to be playing with.

That said, I think you took the best line you could in this hand.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:37 PM

I don't see anywhere for you to lay this down. Certainly you're not going to abandon kings up with an ace-high flush draw on the turn.

And, while CO's turn raise (and your thread title, actually) have me thinking your kings up wasn't good enough after you didn't improve on the river, I don't think you should fold for one bet getting 15:1. Quite likely you're beat, but your hand has pretty good showdown value, and in a pot this size, I think you should take a look.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:50 PM

I would check this turn. If CO was raising on a flush draw, it just got there. You need one more heart for the nut flush. If he was raising on trip 6's, you're still behind. If he was raising on a 7 (or a PP like 88-TT), then you have the best hand and giving a free card if he checks the turn is not dangerous at all -- the only draw out there is the OESD, and you won't get one of those to fold anyway; furthermore, 2 of the 8 OESD outs are hearts, giving you the nut flush over his straight. Most of the hands that you are ahead of have about 2 outs against you now. So check the turn, call a bet, and bet the river if he checks through -- if it's a heart, great; if not, bet your kings up. But since most of the time he'll bet this turn, you can get a river for 1BB instead of 2.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Results

Yes, CO did call a preflop raise and a reraise back to him cold, with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHING. (all in had AQo)