Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 12:12 AM

Default 88 experiment hand

I have no data in my PT about this opponent. He seems like a boob preflop though.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Good? Bad? Stupid?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: 88 experiment hand

I don't like it.

Calling the raise on the flop isn't too bad. 7-to-1 pot odds with middle pair and backdoor flush. (am I wrong?)

Checking the flop may let him also check (if he his making a free card play)

If you do bet the turn, fold to a reraise, pot's not big enough to be tricky here.

It seems like a good card to bluff on, though, as it is a 3-flush and also an overcard. But is it worth it for 4.25BB? (player dependent bluff)
Old 02-16-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do bet the turn, fold to a reraise, pot's not big enough to be tricky here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was the plan.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like a good card to bluff on, though, as it is a 3-flush and also an overcard. But is it worth it for 4.25BB? (player dependent bluff)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was worth it, he only has to fold 20% of the time or so. That's really a terrible card for him if he has a Q or 99-JJ
Old 02-16-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was worth it, he only has to fold 20% of the time or so. That's really a terrible card for him if he has a Q or 99-JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it, IF you think you can fold these hands. Without a read that he is a player that is capable of making these folds (and most PP 2/4 players do not fit that description), you are being called down far too frequently. Also, I feel that a large portion of his raising hands that you were ahead of on the flop were killed by that card.