Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 02:37 PM

Default A day in the life of a micro-pro/ss-pro *DELETED*

Post deleted by Nate_Dogg
Old 02-15-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: A day in the life of a micro-pro

I don't think it's possible to make a decent living playing micro stakes. This just sounds ridiculous to me. I would laugh if there were more than 1/1k of the players on the micros playing for a living.

Build up a roll and improve your game. Once you get to beating 4 tables of 2/4 and 3/6, then it becomes more realistic.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:43 PM

The idea of a "micro pro" is not really feasible. Unless you were a full time bonus whore with a couple of lawn gnomes that is. You can earn low 5 figures each year from just bonuses. But most of us that play micro are just enjoying the game, and learning to try to play it well on the cheap. We don't do this for money so much as for the love of the game. I know that sounds corny but there it is.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:45 PM

point taken - I'll post it in the small stakes forum
Old 02-15-2005, 02:52 PM

I just got back in after fooling around for year and decied to build from the groud up. 1st time I tried to play 1-2 multi table for hourly rate. Over 12 hour span..Plan on spending 10-20 a week playing and 10 hours reading and imporivng my game a week becuse I have full time job. I was able to clear 20 bucks hour after the bouns money is taken out. This playing 1/2. Was this just Fluke? Should just keep bulding that bankroll up to where feel safe to move to 2-4 and 3-6?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:51 PM

We are probably not talking abotu very many hands here. To clear a bonus it usually takes about 1K hands, which is next to nothing. You have to think really long term if you want an estimate of your winrate, but $20/hour playing 1/2 is not feasible. I calculated what I hope to make this summer 4 tabling 2/4 and it comes to $16/hr as a conservative estimate. I guess you could do $8/hr (2 bb/100 hands 200 hands/hr), but anyone who would do that should just move up. If you want to do this for a living you need to be at at lease 2/4.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:12 PM

I agree that you can't make a "decent" living, based on what you would consider a decent living. However, by multitabling you can definitely make atleast 15 bucks an hour playing .5/1 limit hold'em. Which, sadly, is more than a lot of people can make in the real world. The thing is, if you are good enough to six table .5/1 for 15 an hour, then you are good enough to move up and make a lot more.