Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Best MTTs on Party/Empire?

Hi there,

I've been playing limit ring games for a while now (currently at $2/$4 level) and have been wanting to try out some good MTTs lately to mix it up a bit. I only play on Party/Empire right now and I was wondering what some good MTTs to play are. I'm no good at figuring out which tournaments have the best structure/payouts so I was hoping someone here could help out. Do you guys only play in the weekly "$xxx guaranteed" MTTs or are there other good ones that run daily? Are other poker sites better for MTTs than Party/Empire?

Any input would be much appreciated! BTW the buy-in range I'm looking for is anything under $100 if that helps (I have about 2k in my poker acct to play with).
Old 02-15-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Best MTTs on Party/Empire?

I play on paradise (www.paradisepoker.com). They have their share of quality tournaments that run daily. They also tend to pay more than the top 10%.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:06 PM

If you play on party/empire I really like the 7500 guaranteed on empire they give out twice a day. The first has a 20/2 buy in and the second has a 25/5 buy in. If you are looking to expand and gain some knowledge in MTT then this is a good place to start because you will run into decent competition.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:54 PM

I play on Stars where you can find very large fields of play (500+ very often at the levels you want to play).

If you aren't already, I would recommend you play a few STT's (any site) first and practice your NL skills - since most tourneys are the NL kind.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:13 PM

I play PP, Stars, UltimateBet and just started at Bodog. Of them all, PP's structure is the worst. They start you out with less chips, have a clunkier interface, and fewer low to mid MTTs. Not to mention frequent application errors and connection problems.

I prefer Stars and UltimateBet. More chips and better players.

If you've never played in a structure that has rising blinds and HUGE chip stacks, you should start with the freerolls and $1, $2, and $5 buyins. Poker Stars has several of these daily.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Of them all, PP's structure is the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Starting stacks are not as deep as UB or Stars, but blinds go up every 20 minutes rather than 15 AND there are never antes. Structure for the first hour gives more wiggle room at the others, but otherwise PP allows for a lot of play.

My biggest complaint about PP is their Hand-4-Hand play at bubble stages.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I prefer Stars and UltimateBet. More chips and better players.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you prefer playing against better players?
Old 02-15-2005, 04:36 PM

Yeah. I neglected to mention the 20-minute intervals (is that fairly new?). I have more problems at PP than anywhere else. And yes the hand-for-hand is aggrevating.

Another complaint I have about PP is that the players seem slower there than anywhere else. 20-minute blind structures help little when it takes 3 or 4 minutes to play a hand.

Sometimes, this could be because somebody somewhere else is having interface or connection problems.

I do, however, like their Steps games and hope some of the other sites soon do something similar.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:41 PM

I have a really long answer for this. Let's see if I can itemize;

1. It improves my game
Old 02-15-2005, 05:48 PM

Party/Empire MTTs mainly suck for 1 large reason (aside from the blind structure).... NO ANTES!!! If they ever include antes the tourneys will be 10x better.
~Justin