Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Poker Essays I, II and III

Just wondering, are these structured to be read sequentially?

If you could buy only one at the moment, which would it be?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 02-15-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Poker Essays I, II and III

I bought them bundled on ebay. One seller has started an auction here. I was able to get mine through Buy It Now at a price of $58.32 from www.pokergurus.com Volume 1 makes good bathroom reading (no offense, Mason).
Old 02-15-2005, 02:18 PM

Hi, they are not structured to be read sequentially. I have all 3, and I would recommend all 3. But they all seem to run together in my mind so I'm not sure which is my favorite.

My advice would be to go to Amazon.com and look at the Chapter listings. You can probably determine for yourself which one you would be most interested in getting first. As the other poster said, you will get a discount for buying them all together though.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:48 PM

Also, noting that they were written in order and that the most resent is also going to be the most relevent, if only because the game of poker has rapidly been changing... I would say go with volume 3 first if you are looking for the most relevant essays. I love them all, and bought all 3 and started with Volume I so that I would give my self a sense of how Mason's thought process changed over those years. I am still not done with Volume III. Each essay is well written, although I would personally prefer a lengthier treatment of the topics addressed (10 pages instead of 3) rather than a bunch of small discrete essays.

-k_squared
Old 02-15-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bought them bundled on ebay. One seller has started an auction here. I was able to get mine through Buy It Now at a price of $58.32 from <a href="www.pokergurus.com" target="_blank">www.pokergurus.com</a> Volume 1 makes good bathroom reading (no offense, Mason).

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch you got a raw deal

professional poker 3pack

this guy is a poster here, has a special outlet deal with 2+2 i believe and is a class act. if you can't wait it's a cheap buy it now, or you might be able to save a few bucks and snipe that auction but really you can't beat the buy it now by much
Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 PM

No kidding! Well, unfortunately, my book purchasing went through an insane phase when I just sat down and in the course of 3 days, I bought about $250 in poker books! Better than doing it piecemeal. Now I just need to read the damned things.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:59 PM

They are not sequential, but they are chronological.

You don't have to read them in order, but if it is convenient to do so, I would.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No kidding! Well, unfortunately, my book purchasing went through an insane phase when I just sat down and in the course of 3 days, I bought about $250 in poker books! Better than doing it piecemeal. Now I just need to read the damned things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow lols. You need to learn some bankroll management! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bought them bundled on ebay. One seller has started an auction here. I was able to get mine through Buy It Now at a price of $58.32 from <a href="www.pokergurus.com" target="_blank">www.pokergurus.com</a> Volume 1 makes good bathroom reading (no offense, Mason).

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch you got a raw deal

professional poker 3pack

this guy is a poster here, has a special outlet deal with 2+2 i believe and is a class act. if you can't wait it's a cheap buy it now, or you might be able to save a few bucks and snipe that auction but really you can't beat the buy it now by much

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it may matter to you but these are B-stock. With shelf wear, dings etc.

Greg
Old 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM

yeah the info is the same though and i'll be damned if i can find dings or scratches on my copies