Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Monster Chip lead in Satellite

I'm playing in Party Poker's $200k Saturday qualifier. There were 140 players in the tourney and we're down to 19 players. Top 5 win a seat and places 6-8 cash. I have just under t29k (about 20% of the chips). We're at the 2nd break. Over the next hour I'm estimating that each orbit will cost t1050 in blinds. Perhaps a bit more. Can I walk away and let the other players cannibalize each other, or should I continue to hammer at pots?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Monster Chip lead in Satellite

Hammer while you can. dont be afraid to take a race or two. (This means AK, AQ to a re-raise not 9Ts or some other garbage i see people playing unless the pot is laying you better than 3-1. with five to come.) i would play some solid poker, dont try and run the table over, because you dont need to get a much bigger chip stack. just keep playing, shouldnt take much longer.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:26 AM

Keep playing to what end? The additional tournament chips probably don't have any real incremental value, so why put my stack ar risk for marginal return?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:18 AM

You *may* be able to post and fold into the seat, but if you have time to keep playing you should hammer the medium stacks to your left when you have position on them to keep your stack up.

You don't have to open up like you would if this were a cash tourney, but there should be enough spots to play to keep up with the blinds.

Pick good spots in position and it should be pretty smooth sailing.

Regards,
Woodguy