Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 08:02 PM

Default JTo party 15..

found this hand:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

UTG, MP1, and CO were all a bit too loose whose stats were 31/5/.8, 28/8/1.3, 33/6/1.17. the sb in this hand is 14/8/2.77

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

i can go into my reasoning here but i want to see unbiased opinions on the turn and river...but suffice it to say i wasn't pleased with how i played this...

-Barron
Old 02-13-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: JTo party 15..

interesting hand.

SB is tight and (over)aggressive. I put him on a middle pair, or Tx, less than half of which beat you (I'd have to look at the math on the exact range to do better).

your line is not bad, but you can also raise the turn or 3 bet the flop.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:50 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i would dump it on the turn against this guy
Old 02-13-2005, 10:01 PM

I think you missed a thin value bet on the river. SB is apparently decent enough to realize that you're going to bet almost any hand on the button and thus checkraises you. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some middle pair/ 9T or ace high.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate.

-Barron
Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

generally i love what you have to say, but here i disagree.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

generally i love what you have to say, but here i disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

im holding my judgement...i have my thoughts and want to hear why he thinks i should dump...then i'll post what i thought

-Barron
Old 02-14-2005, 12:26 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

the guy is supertight. most of the time he's going to be checkraising a random queen. against a more reasonable good player you could expect a ten here pretty often. his river check isn't so bizarre because even if he has a queen he's probably not proud of his kicker (or could be getting bizarro and trying a checkraise with KJ).

depending on how the guy felt i would probably rather threebet the flop headsup, bet the turn if i thought i could make him drop a queen, but check through and consider a call or a fold if bet into on the river.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy is supertight. most of the time he's going to be checkraising a random queen. against a more reasonable good player you could expect a ten here pretty often. his river check isn't so bizarre because even if he has a queen he's probably not proud of his kicker (or could be getting bizarro and trying a checkraise with KJ).

depending on how the guy felt i would probably rather threebet the flop headsup, bet the turn if i thought i could make him drop a queen, but check through and consider a call or a fold if bet into on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the thing...i dont equate tight pf with tight all around...this is why i wanted to wait for you to respond...for me, those numbers suggest that he has a clue and waits for good spots...this being one of them...i can be betting a draw, an underpair, a weak ten, who knows...but its not necessarily a queen and i think he'd c'r here quite often with less than i have from the sb...especially with a bd straight &amp;/or flush draw...i didn't 3 bet because he could have had, as you said, a weak queen...

i also called expecting to call a turn bet and fold to a river bet. but i realize its a close call and thats why i posted it...

-Barron
Old 02-14-2005, 01:47 AM

i think 17% is "i pick my spots and i'm tight", 14% is paranoid