Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 07:48 PM

Default $2/$4 Stud/8 Hand

$2/$4 on Pokerstars, $.25 ante, $1 low-card forced bring-in

Had a profitable sesion overall, this was one hand I thought I could've gone a little further with...

3rd street:

2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] brings it in
7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls
5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folds
I call with (7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls and 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] folds

4th street:

I check with (7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] checks
2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checks, amazingly enough
7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] bets
We all call except the 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

5th street:
I check with the (7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checks again (!)
7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] bets
I fold and the 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls

3rd street:
complete the bring-in?
4th street:
bet out? check-raise? check-call? check-muck?
5th street:
same questions as 4th street

thanks in advance for your insights

mike
Old 02-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: $2/$4 Stud/8 Hand

3rd Street:

One each of your cards is out as well as three hearts. Three other low cards (5h, 6d and 4s) are out as well. I don't think I'd complete.

4th Street:

Maybe I'm a wimp, but I probably fold right here. Your hand isn't that strong to begin with, the 7h may be reacting to everyone's show of weakness or may be chasing a straight. The bring-in (2d) may have a high card in the hole or a pair, and doesn't want to bet until he makes at least two pair.

5th Street:

If I was still in the hand, I’d either fold or bet to pressure.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:52 AM

I think I play it about the same. Completing on third street would be OK, but I'd rather have a Six than a Seven to do this. You might fold fourth street, as your hand is somewhat dead--hearts, pair cards, low cards. No sense in chasing on fifth.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:40 AM

don't have a huge problem with seeing 4th as you have 3 to a 7 low with an ace and a two flush. Once you brick on 4th though, you are facing two opponents with possibly 4 to a low...one of which is definitely better than yours, and one that is marginally worse, but he has 4 and you only have 3...plus he could have straight possibilities. Just not much sense in playing for half the pot which is basically what you are doing...not likely to make a low flush here, so why bother, pick a better spot. The 5th street is an easy fold judging from the other boards.