Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 07:26 PM

Default My first 10k hands (moving to 2-4$)

Everybody have done it, guess it's time for me. I've been using PT for a couple months and would like some feedback on my stats.

I'm multitabling 4 tables at 1-2$, but feel ready to move up to 2-4$ (probably just playing 2 tables to start with). Is there anything in my stats indicating I'm not ready or need improvment before moving up? Anything in praticular to consider when moving up? Any big differances between 1-2 and 2-4? I've been posting quite alot lately and if there's any major flaws in my reasoning I would be glad to know. Any comments on anything appreciated.

I know posting hands is the best way in finding leaks and I often do that after finding stats in PT that I don't like.

General:
VP$IP: 14.2%
VP$IFSB: 29.6%

Folded SB to steal: 87%
Folded BB to steal: 68%
Att. to steal blinds: 24%

W$WFS: 33%
Went to showdown: 28%
W$@SD: 58%

PFR: 9.2%
Flop AF: 2.8
Turn AF: 3.4
River AF: 2.5
Total: 2.9

Folded to river bet: 47%

Check/raises:
1.2% of possible actions
Flop: 45%
Turn: 53%
River: 2%

10k hands and 1 river check/raise. As you can see that's not my favorite play. Should I try it more often? I find it risky and do not like the idea of it getting checked through on the river when holding a strong hand. I like getting the value on the turn. The only times I consider check/raising the river is when I hitting a slightly hidden draw on the river, having the aggressor yet to act. If I have a strong holding on the turn I rarely see the point of waiting to the river to check/raise it.

Winrates:
How's my winrates with the broadways?
AKo: 0.66 BB/hand
AQo: 0.32 BB/hand
AJo: 0.33 BB/hand
KQo: 0.16 BB/hand
KJo: 0.22 BB/hand
QJo: 0.15 BB/hand

And what about the high PP's?
AA: 2.8 BB/hand
KK: 2.8 BB/hand
QQ: 2.1 BB/hand
JJ: 2.0 BB/hand

Total: 3.0 BB/100

Still many of my mid PP's are losers for me but after posting some of those hands I believe I'm getting on right track.

Won at showdown:
Pairs 41%
Straights 69%
Are these numbers low? I've only won 38$ with my pairs and 133$ with my straights which I think sound a little to low.

Positional stats:
My VPIP/PFR from Button is 15/11.3% which sounds low.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Default (no content, just wishing you good luck)

you seem like a smart guy and i think you'll rock in 2/4. good luck!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: My first 10k hands (moving to 2-4$)

I am not good at these stat analyses, so I'll leave that to others. But FWIW you seem to be an insightful poster, and your hand analysis is good. I think that if you feel ready, then you probably are. There may be a few glitches in the system (there always are) but you should iron them out. Good luck
Old 02-12-2005, 07:59 PM

how many BB of 2/4 do you have, whats your threshhold of loss before you drop back down ...

you might be a little tight when it comes to calling down, your WSD and W$SD are both at the edge of where they should be, otherwise pretty solid stats
Old 02-12-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you might be a little tight when it comes to calling down, your WSD and W$SD are both at the edge of where they should be.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, my won at SD is quite high. but is my went to SD to low? I thought it was good.

[ QUOTE ]
how many BB of 2/4 do you have, whats your threshhold of loss before you drop back down ...

[/ QUOTE ]
After bonus-whoring that's not a problem. My BR is about 650BB (2-4) and about 400BB of those is from playing.

About dropping down I think is more a question about how I feel I stand against the competition. If I feel my game is not enough I'll be able to drop down quite early, but if I feel it's beatable for me I'll hang in there. But if I'm losing 150BB I'll probably drop down no matter how I feel about my chances.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:18 PM

Don't worry you will beat 2/4 as long as you don't get away from your typical game. If you start playing too tight then you may not have as high of a winrate as you might like to.

Brad
Old 02-12-2005, 08:23 PM

You should do fine. I'd start by adding one table of 2/4 and continuing with 3 of 1/2.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry you will beat 2/4 as long as you don't get away from your typical game. If you start playing too tight then you may not have as high of a winrate as you might like to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess that's the most common problem when moving up. Getting scared playing tighter and more passive than you should.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:15 PM

I was thinking of doing the same thing in a couple weeks or so. What are you going to do about PT databases. Just keep using the same one or open up a new one for 2/4.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Won at showdown:
Pairs 41%
Straights 69%

[/ QUOTE ]

PT newb question here, when you're looking at these in misc. stats is the Show only hands that were not folded box checked or unchecked? I'm not sure which option to use.