Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 PM

Default A run-of-the-mill hand; any problems?

CryptoLogic 1/2GBP

Button is strong. BB is reasonable. All others are very loose pre-flop and passive post-flop.

Hero is UTG+1 and opens with red kings. Four call including the button and BB. Five to the flop for 10 SB; hero acts second.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero bets with 3 callers (BB folds). Four to the turn for 7 BB.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero bets again. all call to the button who raises.

I think the button has been putting plays on me in previous hands when I have raised pre-flop, but I have not caught him at it. With this many people in, it seems unlikely that he is doing so here, however. If he had a draw, he would have raised the flop. At this point I put him on a pocket pair, possiby one that is now a full house. (Am I missing something?) In any case, I called, planning to call a bet on the river.

Comments? (Is this a raise?)
Old 02-11-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: A run-of-the-mill hand; any problems?

You have to call this one down.