Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Default AKs flops TSTK

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises $0.25 (all-in)</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

Do I ever fear the set of fours? Does his noncap on the flop completely invalidate that theory? MP3 hasn't shown himself to be super loose (less than 50 hands tracked, so no accurate reads, but I'm discounting XXs). I'm not thinking jacks, since there probably would have been a reraise preflop.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: AKs flops TSTK

wanna explain why you C/R the turn when you were the last flop agressor??

anyway it looks more like AJ than JJ, i think i'm calling down here though
Old 02-10-2005, 12:38 PM

I was thinking that since MP3 hadn't capped the flop, he might just call down an open bet by me on the turn. But he was probably going to put a bet in if I checked it to him.

But afterwards I got to thinking: does PP software cap the action at 4SB, or does it cap it at one bet and three raises? If it is the latter, then wouldn't it mean that I hadn't 3-bet the flop but instead capped it? So maybe MP3 could only call the flop and couldn't put in the extra $0.25 even if he wanted to.

Am I overthinking this?

WT
Old 02-10-2005, 03:09 PM

call down with this way, raise when your A/K/J hits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

You should lead out/3-bet the turn, call down if capped, lead out any river if he just calls the 3-bet.

The 3-bet is just that, you completed his raise. There should've still been another raise available to opponent in this case.

4s are more likely than Js, but there's no real reason to see monsters. I'd say he's got AJ, AKo, AQ in order of likeliness.

Al
Old 02-10-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4s are more likely than Js, but there's no real reason to see monsters. I'd say he's got AJ, AKo, AQ in order of likeliness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing monsters... *sigh*

And yet, it fairly describes the last month or so for me. AJ was the most likely holding, true. I guess I didn't mention it in the OP.

At any rate, I called the turn. The river comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet and MP3 calls.

The CO lays down K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the broken flush draw, MP3 mucks A2, and MHIG.

Looking over the hand history, though, it didn't look like the 3-bet on the flop completed the raise, since it shows that I put in $1.25 with my raise, and MP3 called another $0.75. Anyone have the answer?

WT
Old 02-10-2005, 08:03 PM

Checking that turn was a big mistake. If you 3-bet the previous round and are only called you should be leading the next round almost every time. As for the turn, I would probably call the bet and check/call the river.