Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 05:56 AM

Default I don\'t understand this at all. I like it, but it\'s really astonishing

I had no reads on any of these players except that I just saw SB go bonkers as I sat down with a crazy bluff all the way to the river. I guess he is the table maniac. So on the flop I wanted to see if the UTG would reraise SB, given SB's table image (I wasn't trying to slowplay, and yes I raise here 99% of the time). He did and it really worked out well for me.

This is without doubt the weirdest hand I have ever been in, and my biggest pot at 3-6. The crazy thing is ... he showed me J9 at the end of it.

Yes, that's right--he called me with jack high!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (17 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 41 BB
Old 02-09-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: I don\'t understand this at all. I like it, but it\'s really astonishing

OLE! Lure anyone into the ring lately?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: I don\'t understand this at all. I like it, but it\'s really astonishing

LOL i kinda felt like that except that utg was stabbing the sb and I was watching waiting to stab utg, but then he dropped out. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 06:38 AM

Stabbing, who said anything about stabbing? You're the Hulkster. You know "I am a real AMERICAN, fight for the rights of everyman!" You are an american aren't you? You get them into the ring and body slam them and give them the Leg Drop just like you did to Andre in Wrestlemania 3.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:46 AM

WHATCHA GONNA DO!?

lol awesome.

I thought they stabbed bulls though. Or do they not do that with peta and animal right people on their cases now?
Old 02-09-2005, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought they stabbed bulls though. Or do they not do that with peta and animal right people on their cases now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Who in the world is talking about stabbing bulls? I didn't say anything about stabbing let alone stabbing bulls. Who's stabbing bulls? The Hulkster now? I thought the only weapon he ever used was a chair.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:28 AM

Default Re: I don\'t understand this at all. I like it, but it\'s really astonis

He had the nut no-pair. What's the problem?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: I don\'t understand this at all. I like it, but it\'s really astonis

[ QUOTE ]
He had the nut no-pair. What's the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 10:45 AM

UTG just got bluffed out of this pot.
awesome, I bet the small blind was happy about that.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:47 AM

Just the other day, I was called by a missed straight draw (75o, unimproved). In live play, I've seen someone call with the nut low (32o, unimproved); this guy was a little drunk, though. Online, I think these calls are made to save face by people who don't know that hand histories exist.