Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Default On the subject of me being some other poster

I am not any other poster. I registered here at the beginning of February and I have posted under this name and only this name every single time I have posted on this board. I have never registered before this and I have never posted under any other name. While it was amusing at first to be confused with some other posters (females, at that), it is no longer amusing.

For the inevitable cadre of tin foil hat wearers that will say I am lying and accuse me again of being whoever the hell these people are, let me ask you this: what evidence do you have that I am this other person, and what evidence do you have that I am not?

Apparently they were banned, or a few of them were, or something. I don't really know the whole story. Yet if they were banned, would I also not be banned? Just on my IP alone? Doesn't that make sense?

And the original post accusing me of being whoever (there have been about half a dozen names by now, so I barely can keep it all straight) was a comparison of posts. Did you read those posts? "Superficial" is about the best that can be said about the similarities. Oooh, I posted a hand history! Ooooh, I disagreed with some people! Ooooh, I am from Canada, where there are only 30 million people! Ooooh, someone asked about winrate and replied with my own winrate! Flimsy detective work from someone with waaaaaay too much time on his hands and waaaaay too little sense of reality.

Finally, isn't it just a bit convenient that there was some poster that was hated (or many, I really don't know), and then I come along and challenge the status quo of thinking around here, and the first thing that happens is that instead of people making good points to disagree with me, they label me as this other poster? That's called an ad hominem attack, and unintelligent people use it when they don't have arguments and they want to resort to mere personal attacks.

I recognize that I think about poker a bit differently than others on here, and I recognize that that makes people very defensive on such an anally retentive board. But it seems very odd to me that the people on here who value facts and evidence so highly would essentially resort to this childish, unsupported nonsense without any real evidence to support the claims. It's very easy for you to dismiss me and label me as some other poster, but it's also plain bloody obvious that I am not that other poster (or posters).

I welcome discussion, disagreement, and flames wholeheartedly. I have a thick skin and I can take it. But for all of the smug intellectual superiority on this board, I find it amusing that you would lower yourselves to the base method of disagreement of lumping me in with some previously disrespected poster(s).

Sincerely,
The-Matador (and no one else)

P.S. For those of you who don't care about this idiotic little drama, I do apologize, but it's getting to the point that every post I make I am accused of being someone else, so I really had to say something.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: On the subject of me being some other poster

ok.i believe you.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:54 PM

I can't help but think about your anger post is the psyc forum...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:55 PM

I might have believed you if you didn't first respond to being called CinnamonWind by saying, "what is that, a quote from tilt?? I miss my favorite tv show ONCE and now I'mm so far behind!" That was a total load of bs. Also, the other posters didn't get banned, they left because their obnoxious and self-righteous attitudes caused them to be shooed away.
-James
Old 02-07-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might have believed you if you didn't first respond to being called CinnamonWind by saying, "what is that, a quote from tilt?? I miss my favorite tv show ONCE and now I'mm so far behind!" That was a total load of bs. Also, the other posters didn't get banned, they left because their obnoxious and self-righteous attitudes caused them to be shooed away.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you talking about? When I first started posting everyone was making Tilt quotes in response to all my posts. It was awesome. Then this totally random CinnamonWind thing comes along and I didn't get it. So I figured it must have been from Tilt, which I can't get here in Canada except on BitTorrent a few days after it airs. So I thought I'd missed something. In fact, Tilt didn't even air that week and I had been fruitlessly searching for it for 3 days, heh.

Pretty simple.

It's pretty clear you've decided to believe whatever you want in spite of anything I might say, and I suppose I can't stop you, but it is the height of irrationality. I thought you and the other posters were a bit beyond that, but I guess not.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 PM

It's not like it really matters if you are CW or not, we still don't like you.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 PM

Also, the way you specifically avoid mentioning your former name stinks. You are trying too hard not to care who that was. Plus, being a little defensive. If you're a lawyer, you should easily be able to spot the obvious signs of a liar...
Old 02-07-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A very good point.
-James
Old 02-07-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. What he said.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:04 PM

What a pedantic post.