Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 11:26 AM

Default \"I\'m going to put you all in\".

How many of you think it's odd when your opponant says "I'm going to put you all in"?

It kinda irritates me at times and I've been known to get snappy and ask them to come on over and push all my chips in for me (when I have the best hand). Or I ask 'em "How you going to do that"?
Old 02-07-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: \"I\'m going to put you all in\".

Its annoying, but doesn't bother me nearly as much as it seems to bother you. In my experience (at lower stakes than most posters here), that's less likely to be a real hand than if they just say "all-in". The "I'll put you all-in" remark means he doesn't think you like your hand that much while the "I'm all-in" (which would put you all-in) means he likes his own hand very much.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:31 AM

This only happens when they have you covered. It's like, they don't know how much you have, so it's instead of saying "I'll bet whatever you got."
Old 02-07-2005, 12:34 PM

I always say "I'm allin", even if I have my opponent way covered. what annoys me is people who slow the game down by insisting all the chips physically go in the middle. it's much faster if they just say "call".

--turnipmonster
Old 02-07-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always say "I'm allin", even if I have my opponent way covered. what annoys me is people who slow the game down by insisting all the chips physically go in the middle. it's much faster if they just say "call".

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree. However, I've played with a lot of players who love to hide a high-denomination chip or two in their stacks.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:02 PM

yeah, I do generally ask someone if they have any black/purple chips.

--turnipmonster
Old 02-07-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree. However, I've played with a lot of players who love to hide a high-denomination chip or two in their stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

im one of those people and love it when somebody does this b/c they WAY misjudge my calling standards normalized by the size of my stack...

-Barron

PS- i dont play NL much anymore but when i do its b/c the game i want to get into (mid/high limit holdem) has a waiting list so i sit in a 500buy in game and buy in for 300 and put the 3stacks of red down, let everybody get accostomed to the fact i have 300...then during a big hand or some distraction (assuming people say i'll put you all in) i put the 2 blacks behind and take 4off the top of each red stack and pile it on top pof the 2 black chips...
Old 02-07-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im one of those people and love it when somebody does this b/c they WAY misjudge my calling standards normalized by the size of my stack...

-Barron

PS- i dont play NL much anymore but when i do its b/c the game i want to get into (mid/high limit holdem) has a waiting list so i sit in a 500buy in game and buy in for 300 and put the 3stacks of red down, let everybody get accostomed to the fact i have 300...then during a big hand or some distraction (assuming people say i'll put you all in) i put the 2 blacks behind and take 4off the top of each red stack and pile it on top pof the 2 black chips...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just my most hated piece of crap angle-shooting BS. People who hide their large denomination chips should be shot. Since you don't have them behind your stacks but hidden in the middle, perhaps you should just be kneecapped, though it's almost the same since your intent is all f'ed up, which is what really matters. It's hard to emphasize just how much I hate people who pull this crap. And, no, someone doing this has never ended up costing me money, because I'm used to dealing with these cheap tricks.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just my most hated piece of crap angle-shooting BS. People who hide their large denomination chips should be shot. Since you don't have them behind your stacks but hidden in the middle, perhaps you should just be kneecapped, though it's almost the same since your intent is all f'ed up, which is what really matters. It's hard to emphasize just how much I hate people who pull this crap. And, no, someone doing this has never ended up costing me money, because I'm used to dealing with these cheap tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly el d,

ive never thought about it in that way before. usually the people who say "im putting you all in" in my experience (and how i came about doing this) are those who are just in general dicks...so my intent is going after them rather than angleshooting

either way though, your point is well taken and i wont be doing that anymore...and hopefully i wont be kneecapped.

-Barron