Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Cold Move By Culpepper

Cold Move

I don't think Dante has any obligation to this kid, but to try and get the public recognition as "Mr. Generosity," and then take it back when no one is looking is just lame.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Cold Move By Culpepper

Wow, this just re-establishes my belief that Randy Moss is the best player in the NFL.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:42 PM

I don't think he was trying to look like "Mr Generosity" I think he never had the intention of actually giving the kid the jewelry, he thought the kid understood that he was just letting him wear it during the ceremony. What kind of a kid asks someone for a 75,000 necklace and then expects to get to keep it anyways?
Old 02-05-2005, 09:46 PM

C'mon. It makes him look great. Giving a paralyzed kid $75,000 worth of jewelery in front of the media, and then taking it back. Whether the kid thought he was keeping it or not, it seems like a cheap publicity stunt.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon. It makes him look great. Giving a paralyzed kid $75,000 worth of jewelery in front of the media, and then taking it back. Whether the kid thought he was keeping it or not, it seems like a cheap publicity stunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought just the same thing as you. But then upon further reflection I thought it could have easily been a misunderstanding. He's put on the spot by some paralyzed kid at a press conference, asking if he can "have some of that ice." I mean, what kind of person just asks out of the blue, will you give me your jewelry? WTF is that? Is it that unreasonable that Daunte thought he was just asking to check it out? Or that the kid was just joking around? So he lets him wear it. Then all of a sudden everyone thinks he gave it to the kid. Awkward and uncomfortable situation. But after thinking about it, I don't think Daunte did anything wrong.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought just the same thing as you. But then upon further reflection I thought it could have easily been a misunderstanding. He's put on the spot by some paralyzed kid at a press conference, asking if he can "have some of that ice." I mean, what kind of person just asks out of the blue, will you give me your jewelry? WTF is that? Is it that unreasonable that Daunte thought he was just asking to check it out? Or that the kid was just joking around? So he lets him wear it. Then all of a sudden everyone thinks he gave it to the kid. Awkward and uncomfortable situation. But after thinking about it, I don't think Daunte did anything wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was trying to look like "Mr Generosity" I think he never had the intention of actually giving the kid the jewelry, he thought the kid understood that he was just letting him wear it during the ceremony. What kind of a kid asks someone for a 75,000 necklace and then expects to get to keep it anyways?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:47 PM

Old 02-05-2005, 09:49 PM

Sorry. That's what happens when titles don't reflect content.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. That's what happens when titles don't reflect content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point!